Since I'm new to Jeeps

Sixgunner

Caught the Bug
I'm new to Jeeps with my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. I was wondering what if anything that should be upgraded or addressed before going off road.

My Jeep in it's current state:
AEV JT370 package (2" lift, front control arm correction brackets, 5100 shocks, aev 17"x8.5" wheels, 37x12.5 BFG K02, 456 gears, aev front bumper, and Warn winch.

Not sure where to start strengthening things up. Not really convinced that the aluminum knuckles are strong enough for starters.

This is NOT going to be a payment pounder. I plan to beat the $#!T out of this thing! It's not my daily driver, and I don't owe a dime on it.

My starting plan is to upgrade the tie rod, drag link, front track bar, eliminate all u joints, and maybe upgaded ball joints with steel knuckles. Replace factory control arm's. RK triangulation on the upper rear. Bob the bed. Rewire front and rear lockers to a positive manual switch. Tazer. Not necessarily in that order.

Or should I just wait and fix stuff as it let's go?

WJCO

Meme King
I'm new to Jeeps....
My starting plan is to upgrade the tie rod, drag link, front track bar, eliminate all u joints, and maybe upgaded ball joints with steel knuckles. Replace factory control arm's. RK triangulation on the upper rear. Bob the bed. Rewire front and rear lockers to a positive manual switch. Tazer.
Just drive it as is. Learn as you go. Make sure you wheel with someone, have tools and knowledge on how to fix things, then go from there.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
That's the plan. I have friends and plus my dad have been wheeling Jeeps for a while. But they have all older Jeeps. One thing they don't carry that I'm going to install on my rig is a welder.
I have the Ready Welder 2. I just use flux core since it's for emergencies. It runs off 2 batteries and burns pretty hot, but it works.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom