Show off your cooler(s)!!!

fiend

Caught the Bug
I would like to, but that’s another $400. Cooler I can use at parties and beach and shit. I don’t get out enough with my JK living in Chicago.

Got it. The rotomolding technology in those higher end coolers has trickled down. Now you can get them at truck stops and, apparently, at Walmart. Personally I would be hesitant to pay 300 bucks for a cooler, especially when I probably could get pretty much the same thing at 1/3 the price. But maybe the more expensive ones have more robust latches and hinges, which often seem to be the failure points on cheaper coolers.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Got it. The rotomolding technology in those higher end coolers has trickled down. Now you can get them at truck stops and, apparently, at Walmart. Personally I would be hesitant to pay 300 bucks for a cooler, especially when I probably could get pretty much the same thing at 1/3 the price. But maybe the more expensive ones have more robust latches and hinges, which often seem to be the failure points on cheaper coolers.

Yea I see what you mean. I saw that one above somebody bought for $100 at Walmart. I’ll probably look around more before dropping that kind of cash. Might even hire my wife to find me a coupon for one, she always finds a coupon for whatever she wants to buy. Also Prime day coming up on the 16th on Amazon, maybe I’ll score something then. Thanks for the reply.

I though this video was pretty interesting. That’s also the reason I started looking at Orcas rather than Yeti.
https://youtu.be/zu-V0ZqfYHg

JKbrick

Yea I see what you mean. I saw that one above somebody bought for $100 at Walmart. I’ll probably look around more before dropping that kind of cash. Might even hire my wife to find me a coupon for one, she always finds a coupon for whatever she wants to buy. Also Prime day coming up on the 16th on Amazon, maybe I’ll score something then. Thanks for the reply.

I though this video was pretty interesting. That’s also the reason I started looking at Orcas rather than Yeti.
https://youtu.be/zu-V0ZqfYHg

Look into pelican, I have a source for those and just ordered one for the Drummond trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack775

IMG_4812.jpg
I just bought the Cabelas brand. Field and stream rated it the best one out of all. We’ll see how it is! It’s built very well.

longarmwj

Been almost a year, but my cheap-o walmart cooler (I can't even remember if it is an igloo or coleman) is still on duty. It's cheap, big enough for my needs, and keeps beer cold so I can't really complain :idontknow:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Been almost a year, but my cheap-o walmart cooler (I can't even remember if it is an igloo or coleman) is still on duty. It's cheap, big enough for my needs, and keeps beer cold so I can't really complain :idontknow:

lol, I agree, for drinks it wouldn’t really matter. I am planning to pack decent amount off food for camping trip. I wouldn’t really want my food to be soaked in water. I plan to prechill the cooler with bag of ice couple days prior, dump that out and use frozen water bottles to keep my food chill. I’ve read reviews of people doing that with great success with higher end coolers .

Jsouder53

Hooked
lol, I agree, for drinks it wouldn’t really matter. I am planning to pack decent amount off food for camping trip. I wouldn’t really want my food to be soaked in water. I plan to prechill the cooler with bag of ice couple days prior, dump that out and use frozen water bottles to keep my food chill. I’ve read reviews of people doing that with great success with higher end coolers .

Great plan! Never even thought to pre chill... and seems like the orca is a good way to go [emoji106]

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I have an RTIC and can’t say really anything bad other than its a bitch to open lol but it’s getting better with each 36pk. Beer and whiskey stays iced cold.

Top Bottom