Seized rear caliper pins?

Badbear0416

Hey all well I finally did first brake job on 2014 sahara unlimited and was shocked that the rear brakes were completely trashed and fronts still had like 3/4 pad left at 35,000km. Jeep is mostly winter stored in heated garage rarely sees salt yet all around steering components are pretty rusted even with the optional underbody protection paid for from dealer. Ya obviously dealer didn't do the option paid for as I see no sign of anything like I have on my ram 1500. You can see and feel the waxy protection nada on jeep. Now as I have never had a reason to look under body till now lol and noticed it wasn't done my bad.
Anyways so the main thing here is did anyone else have rear seized caliper pins? I checked boots and all looked great no pin holes no tears (till now having to chisle pins out lol) these wasn't a lick of silicon grease in slides at all. Looks like whoever assembled the pins in bracket didn't use any grease at all. Any idea who actually assembled or manufactured these brake caliper brackets with the pins? Just so I can see if maybe the vendor would be at fault (I'm sure knowing dealership they will state normal wear and tear as it is brakes lol) I'd like to bring this up with some auburn hills people if they even care since I do work at fca here in Canada. Now the fun part trying to find new pins and boots and possibly the brackets on a Sunday here in Canada before I go for surgery Tuesday and might be out for 6 months of being able to fix this as jeeps on Jack stands. Again ty for any info on this and now on the lookout for parts to get jeep back in order for wife to drive since she hates driving the truck lol.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have had the slide pins seize on both front calipers about 4 years apart. Every time I replace the pads I grease the slide pins. I am going to do it more often now, probably halfway through each winter to ensure they don’t seize again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom