Secret jk diesel pics from work.. Shhhh

2trackin

So I was snooping around this weekend at work and was looking at some of the prototype vehicles we make parts for and test. Happen to run across this crd jk. It was a loaded Sahara. Left hand drive and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1399908967637.jpg
    1399908967637.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 596
  • 1399908978418.jpg
    1399908978418.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 590
  • 1399908991351.jpg
    1399908991351.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 595
So I was snooping around this weekend at work and was looking at some of the prototype vehicles we make parts for and test. Happen to run across this crd jk. It was a loaded Sahara. Left hand drive and all.

13 or 14 Sahara with a motor swap?

CRD is the European version. Honestly ive had the pleasure of driving one and I wasnt impressed with that diesel engine.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2.8 CRD or 3.0 ECO diesel. I will keep my fingers crossed for the 2016 rumor mill to come true.

CRDs have been built in the US since moses wore short pants...they are for export only, and that 2.8 is a POS engine. The 3.0 on the other hand, is a gem.

Have you driven a 2.8? Just curious.

Yup....hotel clerk in St. Lucia convinced the wife and I to rent a Jeep and check out the island....was kind of a waste, but it the type of diesel engine most people associate with diesels...loud, unrefined, chattery, etc. Nothing like the new 3.0 that my dad just picked up in his GC. Granted, this was before I was into Jeeps (a few years back at least) but I remember it wasn't a very pleasant driving experience. Oh, and I take back the POS comment....I have no clue how reliable it is, etc....I was merely commenting on power/smoothness, and comparing it to the 3.0

I work for an oe parts supplier. This would be a brand new jk that is being used for resting whatever prototype components we are making for it.

Could this crd engine just be weak cause its stock and set up for fuel economy but fairly easily modded like most diesels to have alot more power while remaining surprisingly economical???

Yes it is capable of around? 300hp and 400+ftlbs with basic tuning. It still won't be comparable to the pentastar in terms of its rpm range. But I rode in a tuned liberty with the diesel and it wasn't half bad at all. If you did some fuel mods and maybe a turbo upgrade even more power could be had. But hard to say on the engines internals holding up to such.

Diesels were cool when it was way cheaper then gas.... No point here in Michigan it's almost 70 cents more a gallon

But if your able to get 25 or more mpg on a lifted/modified Jeep, it's very much worth it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

But if your able to get 25 or more mpg on a lifted/modified Jeep, it's very much worth it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Still doubt you'll see more than 25mpg in Stock form from that motor in a jk

why not?? i have a friend with a lifted dodge 2500 with 38s that gets over 20mpg and its way heavier than the jk and as far as diesel is more expensive if you average it out you get more for your money better fuel mileage and diesels normally last alot longer that gas motors now that being said i don't know this particular motor so it could be different

sorry my bad i read that wrong your right maybe not more from a jk but i would be estatic to get over 20 mpg from my jku instead of 16 and i would gladly pay a little more at the pump for that

Diesels were cool when it was way cheaper then gas.... No point here in Michigan it's almost 70 cents more a gallon

Diesels for most wouldn't be about saving gas, it would be about power....better MPG is a bonus. Diesel around NJ is the same price as regular, maybe a few cents more. I want it for the power, and the range. My dad's diesel GC Summit is pushing nearly 33 mpg on his daily commute, and I got 51mpg over an 85 mile drive (granted, flat, open highway).....and it has power for days. Diesels are also less susceptible to power loss from weight....add 1500lbs of crap to a pentastar JK and you're gonna know about it....it won't make much of a difference in a diesel.

Top Bottom