Saying goodbye to the best pet I could ask for

FrankenJeeper

My beloved pet Shiloh, a beagle whom I've had the pleasure of raising and spending his life with passed away today, he was 16 years and 2 months old this month. His health had really declined this year, and it unfortunately got to the point where the only humane thing to do was to have him put to sleep. He lived a long and great life. He was always there for me, always wagging his tail and always a joy to my life. There's no way he could ever be replaced, but he is in a much better place and is no longer hurting.

Rest in peace Shiloh

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385601739.294514.jpg

Im sorry to hear that. Putting your pet and best friend down is really hard to do. Sorry for your loss!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow that really sucks. Looks like Shiloh was really lucky to have you for so many years. It was great that you had 16 years of memories.

Sent from my MB860 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry for your loss. Mans best friend becomes such a huge part of the family that it leaves a lump in your throat with an empty heart. He's watching over you now still waggin his tail waitin for your reunion :)

My grandmother always said- god has a task for all of us and when we complete it he brings us home to rest easy

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Its amazing how a dog becomes more than family. I have had to put down family before and they were 2 of the worst days of my life.

Best wishes to you and best of luck. Just remember look past loss to see new. Before you know it you will be raising a new family member.

Sent from my phone?

Its amazing how a dog becomes more than family. I have had to put down family before and they were 2 of the worst days of my life.

Best wishes to you and best of luck. Just remember look past loss to see new. Before you know it you will be raising a new family member.

Sent from my phone?

Good advice my friend!

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

I'm sorry for your loss......I went through the same x2 this time last year losing my 2 Labs (litter mates) Jake and Jada 3 weeks apart......they gave me 13 years of unwavering love and loyalty........Hang in there my friend.......tomorrow raise a glass to Shiloh and thank him for the 16 wonderful years he gave you

Woodrow:beer:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Really sorry to hear the news, I lost my Raymond a year and a half ago. I still find myself thinking about him and I very rarely remember anything I dream but somehow I always remember the ones of him. Just last week we spent the afternoon together, it was nice.

Man I'm really sorry to hear about your loss it really hurts. Keep him in your hart and remember the good times.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Had to do the same thing myself in February. It's defiantly hard to do. For me it was as bad as loosing my mom a few years prior. Nothing can make it better except time. I'm lost without a dog but still can't have one to replace her. Hang in there friend.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put my Choc. Lab down last year (around this time) for the same reason. Isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about old Duke. But least I'm now able to remember the good times not just the end. I hope you can find a way to remember your beagle (Shiloh) and all the fun times you had playing with your Bud. Then you will realize, you did the right thing by not letting him suffer. Good luck to you, Bro

I am so sorry for your loss, just remember how much you loved him; because he loved you every bit that much. They are a very special part of our lives. No matter how bad the day, they always made the day that much brighter when we saw them. Puppy Kisses are the best! Just remember he is in no more pain.

Top Bottom