Sand Hollow Land Grab

AileniJones

My apologies if this is the wrong room.

Matt's Offroad Recovery just posted that the BLM is looking to exchange land near St. George and Sand Hollow to be developed into homes. If you have a few minutes, please check out his video and the BLM link below. Please email those on the BLM post so we can preserve these lands.

GP NOIR

Hooked
The BLM proposes to trade away lands in the Sand Mountain Recreational Facilities and Sand Mountain Special Recreation Management Area to obtain lands in Washington County, critical to the desert tortoise.

Link to the NEPA

I'm all for protecting wildlife, but according to the following video, the land traded away will be shut down to trail use and sold to developers to build houses. The video is on Matt's OffRod Recovery YouTube channel. I didn't find anything on the BLM webpage about housing developers being involved, but Matt is local to the area and involved in the community.

There will be a meeting at the St. George Library tonight (19MAR2023). I won't be able to attend, but there is an email address for leaving for leaving comments on this issue.

Personally, I'm affronted that the BLM proposed shutting down trails in Moab due to impact, yet would trade lands to developers to build housing tracts. I know, typical government BS.

Resident of Utah or not, please take time to email your comments and opinions to the BLM. Maybe we can make a difference.

Send an email to: blm_ut_sgfo_comments@blm.gov

Comments must be received or post-marked no later than midnight on April 19, 2023.

Tixslam

So the do-gooders are swapping land (that nobody goes to and is thus actually safe for the tortoises) in order to help expand an over-built small city which already has an over-burdened water supply which is likely to be reduced soon due to the great western drought?
It doesn't make a damned bit of sense does it. Our government at work.

Top Bottom