Rugged Ridge Tyre Carrier Help

Swamps

Hi All,

Just had the Rugged Ridge carrier kit installed on my JL and I noticed that the tyre isn't touching the bump stops or pressing against the hinge for support.

I know this is important for the stock carrier, but since this is a much stringer hinge and carrier is this an issue? I'm only running a 35 spare, nothing super heavy.

Thanks.

jeeeep

Hooked
You're probably okay with just a 35 but I would recommend that you still install a set of these to help support the spare.

This^
I have the Rugged Ridge Spartacus carrier on my JLU. Even though it's strong, you still want to eliminate the vibration from daily driving since most of that will impact the bolts holding the spare.

Swamps

This^
I have the Rugged Ridge Spartacus carrier on my JLU. Even though it's strong, you still want to eliminate the vibration from daily driving since most of that will impact the bolts holding the spare.
just curious, is yours hard against the tire?

jeeeep

Hooked
just curious, is yours hard against the tire?
With the 37's and wheels I'm running now, the bottom of the tire presses firmly against the RR carrier and not against the tire bump stop.

Though I haven't noticed any issues with only the bottom of the tire as a contact point along with the hub mount, I've got a set of the spare tire bumps and will install one as another point of contact when I swap over to the new wheels/tires.

As you've probably noticed, only the driver side bumper is in use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom