Rugged Ridge Half Doors Installation Write-Up - Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure I'd get used to it just fine...I just like complaining about them in hopes that somebody will listen.;)

:cheesy: Then by all means, please complain away :D

Ive been looking at factory doors but cant justify the cost. May have to keep these in mind

Us too. The cost of factory half doors is just crazy. Not that these are exactly cheap but they're a hell of a lot more affordable and for the whole set.

Love it, need a set for my jk8!

Seriously best half doors on the market IMO

Agreed. I have personally seen all the doors out there and had considered a couple of others but the Rugged Ridge doors are still the best in my opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. Now it's driving me nuts.

:cheesy:

God I hate you! Looks like I will need to order some of those now. :grayno:

Too funny. As soon as I got them back from paint, I was thinking it was a good thing you weren't around cause you'd probably steal the front doors. :crazyeyes:

Good timing. I'll use this write up for direction to install mine once I get my jeep back.

Can't wait to see your Jeep back on the trail and with these new half doors :thumb:

jk12blk

Ive been looking at factory doors but cant justify the cost. May have to keep these in mind
What does a full set of RR half doors cost? $2,700'ish? A set of Mopar half doors cost approx 400 more, so not as crazy as you might think. Of course you have to build them (no big deal) and have them powder coated or painted and keyed. I went with powder which was only $200ish. Anyway, not as expensive as you might think. People selling their mopar half doors and asking 4K is misleading. They can be purchased new for a lot less.

Speeddmn

What does a full set of RR half doors cost? $2,700'ish? A set of Mopar half doors cost approx 400 more, so not as crazy as you might think. Of course you have to build them (no big deal) and have them powder coated or painted and keyed. I went with powder which was only $200ish. Anyway, not as expensive as you might think. People selling their mopar half doors and asking 4K is misleading. They can be purchased new for a lot less.

Roughly 2k for the doors, then another 900 ish for the uppers. Add in cost to paint, Id guestimate 3-500. Don't know if there are any incidentals you need also. I would love to do this, but I need other stuff first.

Brute

Hooked
Aside from the handles not being on the same level, they look oem...and great. Did you have remote powered mirrors on the full doors, and do they also work on these half doors?

OJK12

I've always loved the half doors but on a JK it just looks even more killer and completely awesome. I'm so glad I ordered them on my second JK. Looks amazing guys!

bonedaddy

i had no idea they were RR half doors on Moby, learn something new everyday! ;)

Thanks for sharing and the write-up... i too have been toying with the idea of half doors, I was thinking canvas but now...

DMF

These doors look great! If it wasn't for LA traffic I'd really consider having half doors. Or even run with the top down more often.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been meaning to post up photos of Rubicat with her new Rugged Ridge half doors and soft upper installed but the weather's been so nice, it's been hard to get the will to button her up again. Also, I really wanted to get her doors stickered up and had to wait until the paint cured. Anyway, I finally got around to it today and here are a few shots of what she looks like now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:cool:

benatc1

Hooked
looks great Eddie, I get what you were saying at the oddly placed door handle but it's blends in with sticker nicely

Top Bottom