Rubiwhat? (Scarlett) Build

Pyro1415

Alright so I am about to post a build thread covering the past two years with my JKU. It will be in 4 stages from early mods to present. Now I'm in germany so parts shipping kills us so this is a budget build so far. I sell the old parts make a few myself and i Usually break even. One day I want 40s on PR60/80 or pr80/80 and that beautiful LS3 with Eaton e lockers if the release front and back. But until i either get a better job, start my fab business in Alaska or win the lottery it will be a while.

These pictures are from the week I bought the Jeep.

Current parts list/ specs
2010 unlimited
51k miles
Tow package
Auto
Hard top
Well maintained all mobil1 fluids/ new brakes/ filters I follow the dealership recommend maintenance schedule for harsh conditions
Thule detachable roof rack
37" bfg km2(brand new)
Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with bilstein 5100s and teraflex HD steering stabilizer
Daystar .75" spacers in the back.
Rubicon rock sliders(I can make into steps if preferred.
Rugged ridge full snorkel system
50" led light bar
20" led light bar
2 4" led lights
Dbox5 for wiring
Hellfire HIDS
Heated seats
Spydertrax wheel spacers
Custom one of a kind front and back bumper. Strongest front jk bumper in germany 1/4" steel plate gusseted with bull bar and winch capable.
Poison spyder front diff cover
(Just did 50k fluid change and gears looked new I have pictures to prove it.)
Breather tube extensions
Cobra 29ltx with PA system
Kicker l5 powered by kicker 750 amp
Poison spyder tramp stamp
Paracord grab handles
Bike carrier for the hitch.
Prolly a hole bunch of other stuff
Mopar remote start ready to be installed.

Goals * is top priority
I know this forum is a heavy supporter of evo so some of these might change in the future but for now this is my list.
Armor:
PSC front Brawler lights w/Stinger
*PSC Tire Carrier or Knuckles off road full system
PSC Rocker Knockers or rico step kit
*PSC Hood louvre
PSC Flares
Synergy Skid system

Drivetrain
*5.13s with eaton e in the back
or possibly 4.56s with Eaton es front and back still debating this every day
synergy ball joints
synergy drag link
1350 Reel drive shafts debating 1350 front 1310 reinforced rear
*Programer
Gibson Exhaust

Suspension
Stage 1 (this is in the next few months)
*RK 3.5 X factor/ Bilstein 5160s soon after
down the road I might do a tf body lift and eventually a bolt on coil over system.

Lights
Trucklite LEDS
Rigid D2s
Keeping the Amazon 50" since it gives not blinding light in snow/ woods.

Extras
*Winch wanted a recon 10500 but its been discontinued so debating Engo10k or Tuff extreme H20

Long term like i said 40s with PR60 or bigger, custom driveshafts and that beautiful LS3 held together with some coil overs.

Attachments

• IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 397818_10200287558566540_1457201391_n.jpg
    397818_10200287558566540_1457201391_n.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Stage 1
TF 2.5 Coil Lift with Shock Adapters
Rubicon Take offs
Hulu Girl
SpyderTrax Wheel Spacers

Most of my parts I get for doing metal work for others or buy used/ trade. The lift is the one I bought lol. The TF rides better than stock, corners much better, but I felt a lot more resistance at speed, that was also the end of my 85 MPH days lol. Honestly, I don't regret it since it was a stepping stone. Now I know what I want and I'm almost ready to buy it. The spacers are awesome some red locktite during install and I've retorque them 4 times since and only one moved. 100 ft lbs. Hulu girl was a gift from my brother years ago, at the time I had a Geo Tracker and deemed it unworthy... yep thats right I was a high school pizza guy and it was cheap, but put it on the loose sand and it will dominate our JKs.

PS shock adapters suck almost as bad as our stock shocks, blew the front right out on my first real trip which is in stage 2. At this point i just played in the what I had no idea at the time Illegal Humvee training area.
Also if I could go back I would have gotten the rk stock mod 2.5.

HuskyIMG_1478.jpgIMG_1186.jpgIMG_1188.jpgIMG_1190.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1563.jpgIMG_1572.jpgIMG_1574.jpg

Last edited:
So at the end stage one my gas mileage was around 11 to 14 city 16 interstate MPG all stock it was 13 to 15 city 18 to 22 interstate. Stage two brings me some beautiful things
First Group off road event, learned how important a cb was but that comes later, I also learned stock shocks are crap oh and our gas tank skid can be beaten by a one foot long rock...

I made my first custom bumper from all scrap metal from my shop and i had to make adjustments to make it fit the frame( wasn't long enough).
Its 6mm thick rectangle stock welded together to make it wide enough to mount and have a winch one day. Added a small bull bar had to work with what little square stock I had in the scrap bin, finally welded some stainless circle panels to the end. All welding was stick, I needed the practice, total thickness is 25MM thick thats 1 inch ladies on the steel thickness.
Next, custom A pillar light brackets, out of 2mm aluminum, now I made these not because I'm cheap but because others don't follow the jeeps lines well and it takes one to two weeks to ship to Germany and I wanted them mounted now. Truck bed lined black.
Got a used Rancho rear bumper beat to Hell and back, resurfaced it and used it for a while since I wanted something to hold 35s...
Upgraded to Bilstein 5100s used off a Jeep after a friend rolled it, he had an rk lift that gave him more than what the Bilsteins were recommended for.
Hellfire HID, Rebel are some awesome guys with customer service shout out to them lol. I hate these lights and they offered me a full refund whenever I get a chance to mail them back
Amazon budget 4" cube lights PM me if you want details, I love them though.
IMG_1299.jpgIMG_1300.jpgIMG_1351.jpgIMG_1405.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1498.jpgIMG_1520.jpg

Last edited:
stage 3

This is the stage that got good. So Stage 2 I went on my First group trip, nearly rolled twice since I didn't have a CB, I finally got one!!!
Also as you may have noticed in the first page I'm a retard with water so I got the Rugged ridge modular snorkel with high mount. Christmas 2014 was awesome my family loves me. Anyways I now have a 20" and 50" LED bars, because my wife ordered the 20" for my birthday right after I ordered the 50" also no I can't even tell the 20" is on while the 50" is.

Adds ons:
Rugged Ridge Snorkel(5 stars this thing kicks @$$ use lots of silicon)
50" light bar with budget mounts
20" budget bar
1/2" aluminum diamond plate skid plate
Cobra 29 with a firestik2 and PA system
IMG_1963.jpgIMG_2004.jpgIMG_2005.jpgIMG_2038.jpgIMG_2146.jpg

Last edited:
stage 4

Modern Day just before Shipping, Jeep just hit its 2 year mark and and first actual mod went in October 2014.
Did the 50k mile maintenance while installing my D30 cover, gears looked brand new, at least to me. Re painted axles too, also I passionately hated that first bumper, still better than stock though so I made another. This time I started with a Piece of rusted steel woohoo still free99. Got some Rugged ridge D ring brackets from a buddy and went to work, tried to order a stinger but couldn't get one shipped. So just made a larger square stock bull bar and cut the trig angles with a grinder since our drop saw had a blow clutch. Hated the Rancho rear so I sold it with my old front to pay for the 37" KM2s which were covered with the selling of the Rubi takeoff tires. Finally my club president was upgrading all his lights to rigid and I scored a free set of 4" budget cube lights for the rear bumper. Made some Dbox 5s for a little profit, just enough to cover mine and called it good.

Mod list
37 12.5r17 KM2s
Daystar 3/4" spacer in the back
Trimmed pinch seem
Traded side steps for Rubicon Rails, trimmed those too.
custom 6mm thick front bumper
Custom 6mm scrap metal rear bumper
DBox4 increased to handle 60 amps
truck bed lined flares for a much better look
Named "RUBIWHAT?" I did this because 99 percent of rubicons on my installation will never even see a gravel road or better, also we had a sponsored rubicon following us on our last trip and he refused to do any of the obstacles.

IMG_2112.jpgIMG_2125.jpgIMG_2126.jpgIMG_2128.jpgIMG_2135.jpgIMG_2234.jpgIMG_2256.jpgIMG_2258.jpgIMG_2261.jpgIMG_2264.jpgIMG_2265.jpgIMG_2414.jpgIMG_2451.jpgIMG_2452.jpgIMG_2453.jpgIMG_2454.jpgIMG_2457.jpgIMG_2495.jpg

Last edited:
A few weeks ago

I put the 20" back on since my wife asked about it, but here she is.
Also the 37s changed my gas mileage from 11 average to 13 average. So 22k miles pending gas price fluctuations till the KM2s pay themselves off ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429610809.041418.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429610809.041418.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
question?

Can no one post on here(i'm not sure of the settings) or do you guys just have nothing to say lol?

Top Bottom