Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just so you guys know the el dorado national forest is still closed. Just because ice house road is open doesn't mean the rubicon is open.

Mrs.2013rubirick

Just so you guys know the el dorado national forest is still closed. Just because ice house road is open doesn't mean the rubicon is open.

Yeah i was aware of that. ..I was going to verify with them no matter what that we could go when it came time because there is a 10k fine for anyone in the forest during closure.

Rccrwlr

We will need to call Eldorado national forest to confirm. Map of closure def includes the rubicon (see map). I found a number and can call to confirm. They are closed today.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411919300.497810.jpg

--rccrwlr.

jesse3638

Hooked
Off to find some really warm sleeping bags!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't go wrong with North Face's Blue Kazoo 15 deg. bag. Its down, stuffs into a real small stuff sack, and is real light and warm. Its what I've used for several years at work. To make cleaning easy I also use a Cacoon sleeping bag liner. It makes it not need to be cleaned as often..;)

I know we are still following up on the el dorado closure but what day are we calling it plan b? I just want to make sure we are all on the same page. Maybe hold out for all the closures to be lifted until Wednesday afternoon? I know we have people traveling some distance and want to make sure they have the correct location.

Rccrwlr

I know we are still following up on the el dorado closure but what day are we calling it plan b? I just want to make sure we are all on the same page. Maybe hold out for all the closures to be lifted until Wednesday afternoon? I know we have people traveling some distance and want to make sure they have the correct location.

Thursday morning works for me. I'll already be ready to go by then.

I know plan b is Fordyce but same time 9am same day Friday.

--rccrwlr.

I think Wednesday would be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
Just tell me when and where sometime Thursday and I'll be there. Still hoping for the rubicon...

Just tell me when and where sometime Thursday and I'll be there. Still hoping for the rubicon...

Ya that fine with me to actually. I was just gonna get a hotel if we were gonna do fordyce. Thursday is fine though. The trails really aren't that far from each other so everyone driving up should be ok. I'm really hoping they get the rubicon back open though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Panda

We can Change plans as late as Friday morning for us after all plan b is not to much farther away

Top Bottom