Rubicon steel bumper

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
I just got a Rubicon steel bumper for my willys. I know the LED fogs in my current bumper won't fit but will the front end sag with this new bumper?

kevman65

Hooked
I believe there are adapters to go from the plastic bumper to the Mopar steel bumper, but I forget who and where.

Torrin

If I added the winch would a 1.5" spacer leveling kit be ok to offset the sag from the weight?
It might be, it depends on the winch size. I added a Warn XR 10k winch to my OE Steel and I only sagged .5". I am leaving with a tiny front rake.

I just got a Rubicon steel bumper for my willys. I know the LED fogs in my current bumper won't fit but will the front end sag with this new bumper?
While ordering a new Jeep, and the steel bumper is added to the build options, Jeep does not provide different front springs or a thicker spacer. At least as far as I am aware.

Adding a winch is a whole nother story.

I have wrangler unlimited sport with back up senors can I put the rear Rubicon bumper on my jeep?
Why get a Rubicon bumper? Because it’s steel? (Only steel bumper optioned Rubicons have one, it’s otherwise the same plastic) It’s really not much better or of any benefit. I’ve seen it bend up and pinch the body when wheeled hard enough which is a no go - and multiple occasions where the license plate gets ripped off since its mounting section is still plastic even on the steel bumper.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why get a Rubicon bumper? Because it’s steel? (Only steel bumper optioned Rubicons have one, it’s otherwise the same plastic) It’s really not much better or of any benefit. I’ve seen it bend up and pinch the body when wheeled hard enough which is a no go - and multiple occasions where the license plate gets ripped off since its mounting section is still plastic even on the steel bumper.
Actually it looks a lot better than the plastic.

Actually it looks a lot better than the plastic.
It does look much better, but Preston is right that it is easily destroyed on the trail. All it takes is to drop off a rock or shelf, and the bumper bends up and creases the body, while also being destroyed. This happened to Eddie, and many more.

Replacing with a more sturdy bumper, or perhaps going without a real bumper at all (assuming that sheet metal is not hit) is a good idea if there are plans for aggressive wheeling.

As small consolation, the Ford Bronco steel bumper has the same problem.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It does look much better, but Preston is right that it is easily destroyed on the trail. All it takes is to drop off a rock or shelf, and the bumper bends up and creases the body, while also being destroyed. This happened to Eddie, and many more.

Replacing with a more sturdy bumper, or perhaps going without a real bumper at all (assuming that sheet metal is not hit) is a good idea if there are plans for aggressive wheeling.

As small consolation, the Ford Bronco steel bumper has the same problem.
What if there is no plans to offroad it?

Meh, to each their own. I’ve been looking for steel bumpers for mine because they look better and aftermarket bumpers look like crap on stock jeeps.
You have a JK in which their stock steel option was awesome... I was just pointing out it can cause damage if dropped down on for the JL. If he plans to wheel it or not who knows, the guy who asked will probably never even respond again. I agree both JK and JL steel bumpers look better, just questioned if it's worth it given they're pretty expensive.

Top Bottom