Rubicon Run 8/24

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Did they add concrete wings to the end of the bridge?!? I remember it being possible to flop if you weren’t paying attention (like MTG almost did).

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
I'll echo what Adam said, we really were looking at the 2 and mine looked as big or bigger and couldnt quite figure out why. Definitely should have gotten a picture. I'm only running 2" Rancho and his is FAR more built than mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Very cool pics! Soon Joy and I will have a Jeep again. Hopefully the next few weeks but we will see. We would love to get out and up there with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
It was really cool seeing you out there wheeling this weekend... I spotted your WAYALIFE banner from a ways out, then as you went by I was thinking "DAMN... that's a bitchen JK... DTD & 40's..." then I spotted a bearded white guy driving & it clicked.

Did your friend with the JL make it out without any damage?

I had spotted your two door at KOH this year but never bumped into you to say hi, saw you talking with Mel before the race but didn't want to interrupt. Mel looked like he had enough to worry about, and I had already met him the night before in his pit and had my opportunity to wish him good luck.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It was really cool seeing you out there wheeling this weekend... I spotted your WAYALIFE banner from a ways out, then as you went by I was thinking "DAMN... that's a bitchen JK... DTD & 40's..." then I spotted a bearded white guy driving & it clicked.

I had spotted your two door at KOH this year but never bumped into you to say hi, saw you talking with Mel before the race but didn't want to interrupt. Mel looked like he had enough to worry about, and I had already met him the night before in his pit and had my opportunity to wish him good luck.

Yeah he made it pretty much unscathed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

benatc1

Hooked

Have a minor ding on each bottom rear corner, barely a scratch on the rear fender, steering stabilizer had seen much better days. Other than that nothing I didn't expect underneath. Nothing I'm concerned about

CalSgt

Hooked
Have a minor ding on each bottom rear corner, barely a scratch on the rear fender, steering stabilizer had seen much better days. Other than that nothing I didn't expect underneath. Nothing I'm concerned about

LOL... We probably have the exact same dings on the corners, mine were from the factory bumper

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks like a fun trip. How long does it typically take with just a couple rigs moving along with no problems? I can imagine it’d be quicker but still make for a very long day.

Very cool pics! Soon Joy and I will have a Jeep again. Hopefully the next few weeks but we will see. We would love to get out and up there with you guys.

What?! Adding a new vehicle or replacing one?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
LOL... We probably have the exact same dings on the corners, mine were from the factory bumper
That's the main reason I didn't get steel bumpers, but no bumper like I have now definitely leaves it open for some serious damage if I'm not careful
Looks like a fun trip. How long does it typically take with just a couple rigs moving along with no problems? I can imagine it’d be quicker but still make for a very long day.

Honestly, it wasnt that bad. Fortunately we didn't get stuck in to much traffic, but even with a couple longer stops we still were start to finish around 7 or so hours. Was still a long day with the commute down from south lake but overall not nearly as long as I thought.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That's the main reason I didn't get steel bumpers, but no bumper like I have now definitely leaves it open for some serious damage if I'm not careful Honestly, it wasnt that bad. Fortunately we didn't get stuck in to much traffic, but even with a couple longer stops we still were start to finish around 7 or so hours. Was still a long day with the commute down from south lake but overall not nearly as long as I thought.

What he said. I didn’t think it was bad at all but I stayed an hour closer to the trail than Ben and Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Well truthfully it's going to be a 4th vehicle for now. The 90 Suburban just isn't finished and really it would be hard to sell as is so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a JL soon. Only been waiting because this jack hole keeps pushing back the closing date on this commercial property we are selling.

Good luck with getting a Jeep man! Would be great to see you both again.

Soon Ben real soon man!

Top Bottom