Rubicon E-bar or Anti-rock?

pvanweelden

Well to be fair they sometimes break and stop squeaking (a la Trail Bud on the Rubicon). :crazyeyes:

Sometimes they break on the highway too :D
Didn't squeak anymore :thumbup:
uploadfromtaptalk1390362093653.jpg
The safety retainer bolt broke and then the arm came off while I was driving down the highway

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Buy a rubi sway bar working or not and add the EVO no limits disconnect. You just turn the knob to connect/disconnect. You can find a used swaybar for less than $500 fairly easily.

I highly recommend this. I picked up a used Rubi swaybar and run the EVO disconnect for about six months now. It works flawlessly. Before this I ran Teraflex quick disconnects and they were a pain to use. Those pins that stick out when disconnected get knocked off or bent and reconnecting was always a pain in the ass because you needed to be on level ground. I have no experience with Anti-rock but squeaks on my jeep drive me crazy so I wouldn't consider adding something that might squeak...just my :twocents:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I highly recommend this. I picked up a used Rubi swaybar and run the EVO disconnect for about six months now. It works flawlessly. Before this I ran Teraflex quick disconnects and they were a pain to use. Those pins that stick out when disconnected get knocked off or bent and reconnecting was always a pain in the ass because you needed to be on level ground. I have no experience with Anti-rock but squeaks on my jeep drive me crazy so I wouldn't consider adding something that might squeak...just my :twocents:

Definitely going with the Rubi bar. I'd like to try to find one in one of the salvage yards I deal with through work, but I'm sure that it's gonna be tough, there aren't a whole lot of wrecked Rubicons out there. I figure if they end up having one, they hopefully won't really know what it's worth and I might be able to pick one up cheap. Even though $500 isn't a bad deal either.

jk12blk

I'm considering Currie's antirock for the rear as I'm having some custom suspension work done. I had not heard about the squeaking - good to know. My local shop also mentioned speedway engineering as an alternative which I've not yet investigated. The two products do look similar.

suicideking

Too much sway & get beaten up?? How so? It's no different than using manual disconnects.

I'm saying with manual disconnects it often rocks back and forth. The anti rock will stop that from happening whereas the Rubi bar, like you are saying, will be exactly the same.

The ORO will also help prevent the rocking back and forth and will provide a stock-like ride on road.

My take on this: If you have a non DD, the anti rock is the best. A DD, the ORO is best.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
kind of a stupid question regarding the rubi e-bar but im asking anyway. i found a working one for really cheap off of a 2008. will it fit on my 2011? in the guys picture it looks different then mine.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
kind of a stupid question regarding the rubi e-bar but im asking anyway. i found a working one for really cheap off of a 2008. will it fit on my 2011? in the guys picture it looks different then mine.

It is different then yours. His has a motor. :cheesy:

It will fit. Any year will fit. Mine is off an '08 or '09.

Atch

Yeah it'll fit just fine. I have an '07 rubi swaybar on my '11.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It is different then yours. His has a motor. :cheesy:

It will fit. Any year will fit. Mine is off an '08 or '09.

:cheesy::cheesy: thanks smart ass lol

ok cool thanks adam its good to know. just dont want to spend the cash and fid out it will not fit for some crazy ass reason.

you run the EVO disconnect as well correct? you dont have to be on level ground when disconnecting or connecting like you do for or disconnects do you?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
:cheesy::cheesy: thanks smart ass lol

ok cool thanks adam its good to know. just dont want to spend the cash and fid out it will not fit for some crazy ass reason.

you run the EVO disconnect as well correct? you dont have to be on level ground when disconnecting or connecting like you do for or disconnects do you?

I don't have the EVO one yet. I haven't had the time to go up there and get it yet, but no you don't need to be on level ground. Just turn the knob.

Top Bottom