Rubi rear 44 vs Sport 44

JT2012Jk

Just located a Rubi 44 on Craigslist for a decent price. Spoke with the owner and the issue is the track bar mount, says it is cracked but he can weld and repair it. Otherwise the axle is sound and the locker is good. Question: what would be the issue with pulling the old 44 axle and swapping in the rubi one? Are the mounts any different and are there any other considerations when swapping it in.

Don't Tread On Me!!!

Just located a Rubi 44 on Craigslist for a decent price. Spoke with the owner and the issue is the track bar mount, says it is cracked but he can weld and repair it. Otherwise the axle is sound and the locker is good. Question: what would be the issue with pulling the old 44 axle and swapping in the rubi one? Are the mounts any different and are there any other considerations when swapping it in.

Don't Tread On Me!!!

Nope they are a direct bolt in replacement. I did the same upgrade. All you would need in addition to the axle would be wiring for the locker.

Don't Tread On Me!!!

I'm sure you know but I say it anyway.
Gears have to match the rear set.

Just slapped a D44 in Paychex rig this weekend. Fairly straight forward. If the dude fixes the trackbar mount and it is a fair price, do it!

Depending on what part of the trackbar bracket is cracked it's not that big of a deal. You can always get a trackbar bracket like what EVO makes where you end up cutting most of the bracket off anyways.

Top Bottom