RPM Steering Aluminum Control Arms

jaspernonces

I've been researching Control arms & am thinking I like the RPM set. Haven't seen or heard much about them on Forums. I did talk to the owner today & he seems like such a good guy. Seem to be a real quality control arm.

Ddays

Hooked
He and his wife are very nice people but good luck with them following through. I tried to buy a hi-steer setup off of him like he did for another Jeep but after repeated requests he just quit answering repeated emails. I finally gave up and went a different direction.

IMHO, Aluminum control arms for a Jeep that is going to be subjected to really hard use in rocks is not worth it. DOM tubing is the better way to go from what I've seen. They look all nice and shiny when new but after a couple trips, those nice shiny (and sometimes engraved with scrollwork) arms you paid a premium for now look like Fido's ass. If a Jeep isn't going to be drug all over rocks they're great.

jaspernonces

Thanks Ddays
That sucks about the follow through . I was thinking the same thing about looking rough after a not too long. I don’t do a lot of crazy rock dragging , but you never know . Thanks for your input

Ddays

Hooked
just curious: Are you just looking to upgrade your stock arms or are you looking to go to the triangulated rear & 3 link front?
If you're just looking to upgrade stock, take a peek at Core 4X4 arms. Hard to beat their prices. nice quality too (y)

jaspernonces

I'm looking to upgraded from the stock / mopar ones. I don't do too crazy of anything, a lot of trails,desert & fire roads.. but need to correct my geometry also.

He and his wife are very nice people but good luck with them following through. I tried to buy a hi-steer setup off of him like he did for another Jeep but after repeated requests he just quit answering repeated emails. I finally gave up and went a different direction.

IMHO, Aluminum control arms for a Jeep that is going to be subjected to really hard use in rocks is not worth it. DOM tubing is the better way to go from what I've seen. They look all nice and shiny when new but after a couple trips, those nice shiny (and sometimes engraved with scrollwork) arms you paid a premium for now look like Fido's ass. If a Jeep isn't going to be drug all over rocks they're great.
Dang sorry to hear you had issues with them following up with your stuff. I'm also not a huge fan with the idea of aluminum arms and still prefer good DOM and Johnny Joints like EVO and RockJock arms provide. They haven't let me down yet! I haven't used it personally but have installed the Core4x4 stuff and looks like a solid option.
I'm looking to upgraded from the stock / mopar ones. I don't do too crazy of anything, a lot of trails, desert & fire roads.. but need to correct my geometry also.
Correct geometry or caster?

Andy5160

Hooked
just curious: Are you just looking to upgrade your stock arms or are you looking to go to the triangulated rear & 3 link front?
If you're just looking to upgrade stock, take a peek at Core 4X4 arms. Hard to beat their prices. nice quality too (y)
Had Core 4x4 for a year and the half now and they can take a beating indeed!!!

ScoobyCarolanNC

I was going to go with synergy… I have all their steering… just went down a rabbit hole looking at all the manufacturers
Synergy is 100% solid. I've run their stuff on my last 2 jeeps and my neighbor is running their parts on 2 Dodge 2500s. Watch a few of the Wayalife YouTube videos that their jeep comes on. They friggin beat on it and noting breaks.

Top Bottom