Rookie question help please!!

sublimesarahb

I have a 15 JKU and I got Trail Ready beadlocks and put my tire sensors (stock ones) in them. My shop told me to drive them around for a while which I have but they still haven't showed up on psi monitor. Do I need to take it to a dealership and have it re calibrated and if I do is it going to show what they need to be at? Before 37 psi was what it was supposed to be, now it needs to be at 30-32 with my 35's. I don't want them to flash like I keep reading in everyone's post but I do love having the option of knowing what they are currently set at. Any info would be awesome! Thanks

K.D.C.H

You'll need to pick up a Superchips Flashcal 3570. With this you'll be able to clear and check codes and also adjust things like tire size, gearing and other things like that. Don't buy the Flashpaq with the tuner because right now Superships doesn't have the programs written for the 2015's yet so but will just give you error codes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They should work. You probably just don't have enough air in your tires. If you want to set the PSI level lower, you will need a ProCal or Flashcal to set it as mentioned.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have a 15 JKU and I got Trail Ready beadlocks and put my tire sensors (stock ones) in them. My shop told me to drive them around for a while which I have but they still haven't showed up on psi monitor. Do I need to take it to a dealership and have it re calibrated and if I do is it going to show what they need to be at? Before 37 psi was what it was supposed to be, now it needs to be at 30-32 with my 35's. I don't want them to flash like I keep reading in everyone's post but I do love having the option of knowing what they are currently set at. Any info would be awesome! Thanks

How far have you driven?

ECHOE

They should work. You probably just don't have enough air in your tires. If you want to set the PSI level lower, you will need a ProCal or Flashcal to set it as mentioned.

I run 37's and my monitor can show the pressure all the way down to 15 psi so I am not sure that the amount of pressure makes a difference. I would think it has to more to do with "linking" your sensors to the monitor. I do use a bully dog programmer to keep the sensors from alarming.

sublimesarahb

I have a procal and would say I have gone about 1,ooo miles since the sensors have been put in. So flashcal or bully dog would be next step?

ECHOE

Many vehicles require new TPMS sensors be activated or initialized at an authorized repair facility or dealership. This process normally involves connecting the vehicle to a service computer (via the ODB port) and having a technician load the new sensor's ID codes into the car's computer. I am still trying to find out how this specifically works for jeep. I would check with your local dealer or tire shop. Also, once the sensor has been removed and replaced, it may require a new "O" ring and/or compression ring to seal the sensor properly.

mackey

Yeah but the only people that give a shit are the CHP and any motor worth their salt.

What is it with Chippies. Even in Idaho. I always get pulled over by the same out of shape state trooper telling me I am a law breaker because my tires stick out past my fenders. Really. Wow.

I got pulled over last week for no mud flaps. That combined with reckless driving and a cracked windshield but mud flaps? Wtf?

I got pulled over in Tahoe for no mud flaps driving back from Colorado. He stopped me and asked me where they were. I said in my back seat then he smiled and proceeded to ask me all about my jeep. 15 min later I was moving again.

Grubbicon

No shit. Im pretty sure almost anything is street legal in Ky. If it has a illuminated plate, your good. Lol

Yeah for real. I have a friend that had a mud truck that was street legal and on 49s it was the most non legal thing ever.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I got pulled over in Tahoe for no mud flaps driving back from Colorado. He stopped me and asked me where they were. I said in my back seat then he smiled and proceeded to ask me all about my jeep. 15 min later I was moving again.

Lol I actually got pulled over for driving like an asshole. Then I didn't pull over when he flashed me because he waited until I was in the left turn lane and there was traffic. Wtf? And no mud flaps, cracked windshield and no insurance card was just icing on the cake. He let me go though with nothing. :thumb:

Lol I actually got pulled over for driving like an asshole. Then I didn't pull over when he flashed me because he waited until I was in the left turn lane and there was traffic. Wtf? And no mud flaps, cracked windshield and no insurance card was just icing on the cake. He let me go though with nothing. :thumb:

I gotta say, thats pretty impressive to walk away with nothing. Must have been diggin the jeep.

Top Bottom