Rock Slide Eng. Powersteps mounted with a body lift?

shadowman

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has mounted the RSE steps with a 11/4" body lift?
Just looking for some advice and pics,
Thank you

jeeeep

Hooked
there will be a larger gap between the step and body but shouldn't affect how it mounts or functions
you could get a strip of flat aluminum or similar and paint it to fill the gap
why are you installing a body lift?

shadowman

They are the RSE power steps that bolt to the body then have brackets that connect to the body mount bolts the 3 per side.
once bolted to the body the brackets will then be 11/4" higher than the body mount bolts.
I already have a body lift installed, that's why im having an issue..ugh
Thanks for the reply,

jeeeep

Hooked
They are the RSE power steps that bolt to the body then have brackets that connect to the body mount bolts the 3 per side.
once bolted to the body the brackets will then be 11/4" higher than the body mount bolts.
I already have a body lift installed, that's why im having an issue..ugh
Thanks for the reply,

I installed them on my JLU and looking at the JKU, the body lift pucks would sit on top of the brackets, what model Jeep are you putting them on?

can you post a pic?

maybe some round solid spacers with longer bolts? something like this:

shadowman

Cool, how are you liking the steps?
I'm thinking the step brackets might possibly sit on top of the lift pucks, but I'm not sure how that will work. It wont be as solid as being attached to the puck bolt at the bottom. Probably need longer bolts like you mentioned.
My Jeep is a 2013 Rubicon,
my jeep.jpg

The BAD Influence

Not a fan of these steps. Almost everyone I've seen is either broken in the down position or wired up. I'm assuming its from the salt and sand on utah roads in the winter getting into the mechanism. I also assume it's not from trail damage since they're on mall crawlers.

jeeeep

Hooked
Cool, how are you liking the steps?
I'm thinking the step brackets might possibly sit on top of the lift pucks, but I'm not sure how that will work. It wont be as solid as being attached to the puck bolt at the bottom. Probably need longer bolts like you mentioned.
My Jeep is a 2013 Rubicon,
View attachment 373281
ahh doh, I understand your dilemma, the pinch seam mounting bolts place it too high.

If it were me, I'd mount to the pinch seam then use spacers for the RSE bolts to the brackets

Or remove the body lift.

I like them, took a little to get the sensor magnets just right but now they work like a charm.

The way they swing out, I remind passengers to wait, especially rear seat passengers since it's pendulum like .

jeeeep

Hooked
Not a fan of these steps. Almost everyone I've seen is either broken in the down position or wired up. I'm assuming its from the salt and sand on utah roads in the winter getting into the mechanism. I also assume it's not from trail damage since they're on mall crawlers.
yeah, I can see how salt and sand can muck them up in a hurry and would require more maintenance during winter to keep the mechanism clear.

there's not much to protect the motor from the elements

shadowman

ahh doh, I understand your dilemma, the pinch seam mounting bolts place it too high.

If it were me, I'd mount to the pinch seam then use spacers for the RSE bolts to the brackets

Or remove the body lift.

I like them, took a little to get the sensor magnets just right but now they work like a charm.

The way they swing out, I remind passengers to wait, especially rear seat passengers since it's pendulum like .
Yep you got it:) I was thinking about removing the body lift like you mentioned, maybe I will since it would be an easier install.
heard there is a little delay when deploying, definitely important to mention to passengers, thanks!

shadowman

yeah, I can see how salt and sand can muck them up in a hurry and would require more maintenance during winter to keep the mechanism clear.

there's not much to protect the motor from the elements
They will require maintenance for sure like you mentioned, winter is the worst ugh

bekel

bought a set at the end of last june took them 7 months to show up worked for less then 2 weeks before the control bords went out took 2 more months to get them in they worked for about 3 weeks then the stud on the pivot piont broke off and im still waiting on that would not buy from them again

bought a set at the end of last june took them 7 months to show up worked for less then 2 weeks before the control bords went out took 2 more months to get them in they worked for about 3 weeks then the stud on the pivot piont broke off and im still waiting on that would not buy from them again
Man that’s a bummer to hear. Having installed a couple of them, they have always seemed to be great quality steps and haven’t had any come back with issues. Hope it’s gets resolved sooner than later.

Top Bottom