Rock Krawler or Metal Cloak arms

Wow. What a read! I will say Thardy, this metaphor of yours was quite a laugh "You walk into Eddie's house and bitch slap all of his guests and don't expect people to respond in the way we all have? " I can just picture someone walking into a party and just randomly bitch-slapping everyone, I'm sure he's warm and cozy on his other forum now.

He was definitely a special kind of dumb.

Rock krawler arms are junk. Ask me how I know. I had to modify there arms just to run them on my 2 door because of how bad they made my coils bow. My jeep wasn't drivable. Swapped all the arms back out for stock and out Evo front lower arms on as well as synergy rear uppers since they both have Johnny joints. Running factory arms otherwise

One of the guys at the shop said he really liked RK on his rig but they had a JK outside and said it went to MOAB and did great with metal cloak arms
Long story short I'm open to anything man

Don't get me wrong but I would hope that just about any control arm would do fine on a trip to Moab. Time and use has a way of revealing what really works and how well or at least, from what I have seen. Either way, I'm not hear to try and convince people not to get what they have their hearts set on. I'm just sharing what I have experienced and really, what would I know about any of this stuff. :)

Wow. What a read! I will say Thardy, this metaphor of yours was quite a laugh "You walk into Eddie's house and bitch slap all of his guests and don't expect people to respond in the way we all have? " I can just picture someone walking into a party and just randomly bitch-slapping everyone, I'm sure he's warm and cozy on his other forum now.

LOL!! That about sums it up. Of course, I'm still the bad guy and everyone here are just koolaid drinkers. :crazyeyes:

Don't get me wrong but I would hope that just about any control arm would do fine on a trip to Moab. Time and use has a way of revealing what really works and how well or at least, from what I have seen. Either way, I'm not hear to try and convince people not to get what they have their hearts set on. I'm just sharing what I have experienced and really, what would I know about any of this stuff. :)

lol! Remember when the brand new Teraflex long arm kit blew bushing on its first trail? We spent the better part of the evening replacing joints on that ungrateful bastards jeep..

So no not every control arm is good for a Moab trip.

lol! Remember when the brand new Teraflex long arm kit blew bushing on its first trail? We spent the better part of the evening replacing joints on that ungrateful bastards jeep..

So no not every control arm is good for a Moab trip.

LOL!! Oh yeah, how could I forget. Back then, I was still working with TeraFlex can called in some favors to get new joints. To my surprise, TeraFlex gave me a whole case of them just in case I ran into anyone else who might need it. I literally was at a loss for words at the confidence they had in their own control arm joints. I guess that is why I said "just about any" as in, NOT all :yup:

As far as the ungrateful helpless bastard goes, that wasn't even the first time we've had to help him over the years. Of course now, he's a badass :crazyeyes:

What would you suggest then?
I don't have my heart set on anything just collecting info

Ahh ok. I use AllSouth Autosports in Buford. My Jeep was up there a bit - supercharger, hydro assist, etc installs and was curious if it was a small world.

It's a small world
I live 5 minutes down off PIB
I had a few things done there on my truck but wasn't very pleased

I can sum this choice up for you OP. I had the RK front lower arms 2 years ago and they were ok, hard to adjust and the joint started to corrode.

Then I read all the hype about MC duroflex joints and how amazing the ride was. I installed a set of front lowers and have had them on about a year. The first thing I noticed after switching from the RK to MC arms was my steering felt looser with the MC arms, probably due to the rubber joint. I liked the more connected to the road feel with the RK joint.

So, I just ordered a set of EVO front lower arms, they haven't arrived yet, but I am confident they will be the best of both worlds and have never read a negative review on them, or any EVO Enforcer lift components. I have slowly swapped my entire suspension to EVO Enforcer based off great reviews. Hope that helps you make a decision!

I went with Currie arms and johnnie joints.Nice ride ..rep!aced a Rubicon express liftnk . Really happy I switched.I have a few other parts I need to swap out to .as money and time let me.

Man wish I could go. Jeep is gonna be in the shop[emoji19]
How often to y'all take trips?
I thought about maybe trying to get a bunch of Georgia guys to take a trip to the gulches or anywhere at the very start of 2016 like January 2nd or 3rd. By that time I'll have my axles done and my 37s on.

Not to be a jerk but if you could please move this convo to the trip thread I would appreciate it

Man wish I could go. Jeep is gonna be in the shop[emoji19]
How often to y'all take trips?
I thought about maybe trying to get a bunch of Georgia guys to take a trip to the gulches or anywhere at the very start of 2016 like January 2nd or 3rd. By that time I'll have my axles done and my 37s on.

We try to make trips at least once a month. All of which will be posted up on the forum. We'll be doing a trip to Windrock sometime after the first of the year, as a pre-run for our big End of Summer run.

Top Bottom