Rock Krawler... Good buy or can a get a better bang for my buck?

mkphyathep

Hi all,

I've been looking to get control arms for my 2 dr jeep jk (uppers and lower). I've been looking at the ones made by Rock Krawler. Would like to know any opinions of anyone running theses on their rig or is there a better option for the same price?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi all,

I've been looking to get control arms for my 2 dr jeep jk (uppers and lower). I've been looking at the ones made by Rock Krawler. Would like to know any opinions of anyone running theses on their rig or is there a better option for the same price?

Thanks,
Mark

I have RK front lowers on my JKU. They are very beefy and I love them. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with anything RK makes.

Ddays

Hooked
If you buy the RK, DO NOT buy the stretched version of the rear control arms. Keep the stock length.
I'm not gonna tell you to not buy the RK arms, but look at the Evo arms and also the Currie. They use a little heavier
joint than the RK.

Why do you need 8 all new arms?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hi all,

Thanks,
Mark

Why are you looking for a full new set?

mkphyathep

If you buy the RK, DO NOT buy the stretched version of the rear control arms. Keep the stock length.
I'm not gonna tell you to not buy the RK arms, but look at the Evo arms and also the Currie. They use a little heavier
joint than the RK.

Why do you need 8 all new arms?

Recently bought my jeep (1st jeep I've ever owned, love everything about it btw) with a budget boost and teraflex front lower arms (beat to crap)

I've recently went to a 4" lift and now I'm trying to get it at the sweet spot to drive awesome both on and off road. Thought it would be better to change out all the arms.

Very new to the jeep would, any advice would be appreciated .

Last edited:
Ive never actually ran anything RockKrawler. I feel like its hit or miss, you find someone that swears by them, or you find someone that despises them.

This is true. I've read some negative things on RK here. And some positives. My experience with their arms have been solid though.

I'd stick away from their track bars though. My front is "too beefy" and makes contact with my PR44 did cover at full flex. And someone else on WAL had their rear trackbar and it made contact with their springs, after moving the axle back a couple inches.

Andy5160

Hooked
I was looking around the forum for a while for the same topic and it seems that EVO, CURRIE or SYNERGY are the options that moset guys here are running.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do not, I repeat do not put RK arms on your two door!!! They push the axle way to far back and forward to make it drive able! I was unable to set my caster and pinion angle with them because they pushed it to far forward/back that my trackbar got stuck between my coils. Even at there shortest lengths my coil rubbed the trackbar.

Ddays

Hooked
Yup I had the track bar rub in the rear and it's a pain in the dick. I put factory bar back on it but now the upper track bar mount hits the goddam raised bump stop pad on the axle. The arms are quality they just cause too many issues being too long. I'm going to attempt to adjust the rub out of it this weekend. If I can't I'm getting new rear CA's. Currie or Evo.

Hot94Z28

I have all four lower ones from RK, I have the ones with the max travel list and are shorter than the X-Factor ones. If I had to do it again I wish I knew about the EVO ones with joints at both ends and the ability to adjust while on the Jeep.

Red_rox_jk

I hear a lot of negative feedback on the RK arms. I'm running their lowers at all 4 corners on 3" of lift and have zero issues. I was very cautious with measuring the lengths. Especially in the rear where the arms won't quiet get as short as the suggested length. I added the rear spring angle correction wedges and am having zero issues with camber or rubbing. Have zero issues with camber or rubbing up front, be it full flex or stuff. I'm inclined to think that a portion of the negative experiences are do to installation errors. Just my $0.02

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I hear a lot of negative feedback on the RK arms. I'm running their lowers at all 4 corners on 3" of lift and have zero issues. I was very cautious with measuring the lengths. Especially in the rear where the arms won't quiet get as short as the suggested length. I added the rear spring angle correction wedges and am having zero issues with camber or rubbing. Have zero issues with camber or rubbing up front, be it full flex or stuff. I'm inclined to thing at a portion of the negative experiences are do to installation errors. Just my $0.02

Well considering that arms don't effect camber I can see why you would have any issues. Good to know your having zero issues tho. Like I said, on my jeep I couldn't get them NOT to rub even at there shortest lengths. Not sure how that is really installer error. Only thing I could do was cut them so there shortest length was stock length and then I had zero issues. Just my .02

deadguy

Happy customer here. Slight rub on the pass rear coil front the trackbar at full flex due to pushing the rear axle back as far as I can but other than that it has been a solid setup for nearly 80,ooo miles and a couple years of Jersey winters. All 8 arms plus trackbars and drag link. Haven't had one joint failure yet

Red_rox_jk

Well considering that arms don't effect camber I can see why you would have any issues. Good to know your having zero issues tho. Like I said, on my jeep I couldn't get them NOT to rub even at there shortest lengths. Not sure how that is really installer error. Only thing I could do was cut them so there shortest length was stock length and then I had zero issues. Just my .02

Note that I said, "a portion". Also note, nowhere do I mention, "cozdude did his wrong." Just an impression as to "a portion" of the negative experiences.

Ddays

Hooked
I'm inclined to think that a portion of the negative experiences are do to installation errors. Just my $0.02

Installer error, ummm, yeah no. When you install the arms at the exact lengths THEY tell you to in the instructions and your track bar whacks the living shit out of itself ON THE ROAD then somethings fucked up. Keep in mind I'm talking about the X-Factor kit that pushes the axle back an inch. I can't speak on the standard length arms. Again, let me be clear. The quality of the arms is fine. They are solid as hell and the joints are well built. They're not as heavy as the kits with Johnny Joints, but heavy still. They'd do just fine for the majority of us. My point is, IF you go the RK route, make sure you get the standard length arms!

Just my :twocents:

Gravedigger11

Do not, I repeat do not put RK arms on your two door!!! They push the axle way to far back and forward to make it drive able! I was unable to set my caster and pinion angle with them because they pushed it to far forward/back that my trackbar got stuck between my coils. Even at there shortest lengths my coil rubbed the trackbar.

I've got the X factor and don't have any issues at all

Andy5160

Hooked
Yup I had the track bar rub in the rear and it's a pain in the dick. I put factory bar back on it but now the upper track bar mount hits the goddam raised bump stop pad on the axle. The arms are quality they just cause too many issues being too long. I'm going to attempt to adjust the rub out of it this weekend. If I can't I'm getting new rear CA's. Currie or Evo.

I was looking into complete EVO short arms kit could not find it or at leas both front and rear lower arms.

The only option i saw was long arm kit

DRTYRAT30

I went RK x-factor and planned ahead and installed myself. What I had to do is not use any of the lengths they give you in the instructions as they are just starting measurements. I then welded on new artec coil perches that have a 1"stretch in them and rotated to take out the coil bow and trackbar rub issue. Moved the swaybar back an inch also. After setting bottom lengths on control arms so the bump stops line up at full stuff I then dialed in the rear pinion and front caster.

These RK kits are not perfect and I'm sure there is better ones, but I made it work for me. And setting torque on the jam nuts is a major pain in the ass, I made a jig and got the 250-300ft lbs required.

Just keep doing your research.

The kits have been revamped over the last year to fix some of the issues but not all.

Once I outgrow this kit I'm big time looking at a Evo/King system
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469838829.897001.jpg

Top Bottom