Replace coils/shocks

beeline08

I have a 2008 2dr rubicon I bought about a year ago. I'm looking to help the ride since it is extremely rough over bumps and such. It seems to have some version of a rough country lift. It has silver springs and the 2.2 shocks. I've measured the front and rear best I can and front is right at 3.5"s and rear is about 2.9 from the diagrams I've found. The rear does seem to sag a little.

Right now running 33s but intend on 35s soon. Would coils or shocks or both help the ride the most? Also when looking for replacements what sizes would be best fit?

CalSgt

Hooked
Ive heard good things about the EVO plush ride springs for the JK, I had them on my JL & they rode close to the stock Rubicon springs.

I've never had rough country springs but I'll bet they're stiff

beeline08

Yea they are pretty rough. I've read good things about the EVO springs and OME. Just not sure which ones are the best fit. Wouldn't mind a little less lift as long as 35s fit.

BaddestCross

I also have an 08 2 door... When I was running 35s, I had 2" plush rides on the front and 2" OMEs on the rear. I first tried the medium duty OMEs and found that they sagged too much with the weight I carried so I ended up swapping them for heavy duty.

When I moved up to 37s, I kept all the coils and added 3/4" spacers in the front and 3" spacers in the rear.

For shocks, I run Rancho 9000s all around.

jeeeep

Hooked
EVO plush ride are good if your Jeep isn't heavy. I ran them and they were great for a couple of years then the weight of a heavy jeep flattened the upper part of the coil. When I installed the EVO, they were taller than the coils I replaced, when I took them off they were shorter.
Another good coil is Clayton Offroad, they carry different coils based on your needs/Jeep, I'd give them a call.
Rancho 9000 or Bilstein shocks.
I have Falcon on my JK 3.5" lift and would not recommend them to anyone.

Leho

How do you like your Rubicon so far? I got an 08 2dr about 6 months ago and love it so for. I appreciate the questions and advice given on this forum.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Yea they are pretty rough. I've read good things about the EVO springs and OME. Just not sure which ones are the best fit. Wouldn't mind a little less lift as long as 35s fit.
Get the 3” EVOs. They’ll run a bit high but are great for 35s
This ^^^^ they ride great and give you plenty of room.
No get the 4"... Because I have a brand new set sitting in my garage waiting on a good home..

Top Bottom