Reno area

silverbackjk

Hey guys I will be in Reno area red rock this friday to sunday.I am looking for some trails to run or meet up with some locals to hit some trails.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm out of town. I'd shoot LoPo a PM. I am not sure how often he is on the site.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
LOL! Knuckles is already back in his home collecting dust.

Hopefully Lopo can get you out. If I had something other than a grocery getter I'd be happy to show you around. Let me know if you guys go on a run, maybe I could meet you for a beer afterward.

-Sharkey

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Sharkey you can ride with me if you'd like. Its a lowly 2007 no frills unlike Knuckles.... No leather, heated seats, power steering, or chrome shifters. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey you can ride with me if you'd like. Its a lowly 2007 no frills unlike Knuckles.... No leather, heated seats, power steering, or chrome shifters. :cool:

Sharkey likes his leather. ;)

And Triple digits this weekend? You'll miss those air conditioned seats I installed.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Lol. My '09 didn't have any frills either. Thanks for the offer. Shoot me a pm and let me know when you are heading out and for how long of a run. I know I have football on Saturday for my oldest son but depending on what we have going on the rest of the weekend maybe I can break away for a run.

-Sharkey

silverbackjk

Sharkey said:
I'm out guys. Have fun and keeps your tires below your tops. ;)

-Sharkey

LoPo said:
Hey Guys,
Figure I get a PM thread going. I think the earlier we get started the better given it's supposed to be 104 on Sunday. There are some really fun and fairly technical trails in Spanish Springs(about 15 mins north of Reno). There are a couple that are right next to each other and if we knocked them out quickly and wanted more we could drive another 10 mins and get some scenic trails as well.

My other thought was Bronco Canyon which is not too far outside of Virginia City. Getting to the trail itself isn't too entertaining and the trail itself(non-buggy line) is about 200-300 yards long of basically a rock field. Getting out can take an hour or so of back roads depending on how many wrong turns you take.

Few other considerations:
Another easier trail is going up to Hunter Lake, it's scenic, but really no challenge.
We could explore the west side of Peavine, there are some challenging lines or even head over to Bronco Canyon... though Bronco would be a pretty tough trail without a front locker.

I'm open to meeting up around 730-8 to get rolling.

Let me know what you guys think. I can probably think of a few other trails a bit further outside of Reno.
Sorry guys I will gave to back out to! I broke a front axle shaft today and just got back home and need to start replacing it tonight so it will be a late night. Sorry guys hope to wheel with you all next time I'm in town.

Top Bottom