RECOVERY GEAR : A Must Have Before Hitting the Trails

Tincup

I just got my warn heavy-duty winching accessory kit from Warn yesterday instead of the white/grey glove i got the new black ones :thumb: . They had a mail in rebate with purchase of warn winch :thumb:

just need to get a winch damper and recovery strap.

time to practice with the items to familiarize myself with them.

GraniteCrystal

I just got my warn heavy-duty winching accessory kit from Warn yesterday instead of the white/grey glove i got the new black ones :thumb: . They had a mail in rebate with purchase of warn winch :thumb:

just need to get a winch damper and recovery strap.

time to practice with the items to familiarize myself with them.

Save some money on winch damper and use a towel, coat, floor mat, etc.

Nick Zambo

Moving blankets work well also. It serves as a multi use item winch damper also lay on why doing trail fixes. It is especially good while laying on your back in the winter fixing your jeep. And the best part is they are cheap! That's my two cents.

Tincup

Save some money on winch damper and use a towel, coat, floor mat, etc.

Moving blankets work well also. It serves as a multi use item winch damper also lay on why doing trail fixes. It is especially good while laying on your back in the winter fixing your jeep. And the best part is they are cheap! That's my two cents.

Thanks guys for the tip on alternatives to a winch damper. [emoji106]

aTX427

I am looking to refresh my recovery gear and ARB has always been a top provider, but how do they stack up to some alternatives like Mac's or Bubba? I am always in the hunt for shaving weight and have seen some aluminum snatch blocks and soft shackles on the market.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking to refresh my recovery gear and ARB has always been a top provider, but how do they stack up to some alternatives like Mac's or Bubba? I am always in the hunt for shaving weight and have seen some aluminum snatch blocks and soft shackles on the market.

Unless you've got money burning a hole in your wallet, I don't know why you'd want to refresh what you have especially being that you trust ARB to be a "top provider" of recovery gear.

aTX427

I don't have ARB now. It's old hodgepodge of gear that is pushing 10 years old with numerous pulls on them. If ARB is still tops, then that's great, because it's what I had my eyes on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have ARB now. It's old hodgepodge of gear that is pushing 10 years old with numerous pulls on them. If ARB is still tops, then that's great, because it's what I had my eyes on.

Oh, okay. Mac's and Bubba both make quality gear. I've been using ARB for the last 20 years and they're still getting the job done well for me.

Leho

I would like to suggest taking the time to get familiar with what's in your kit and how to use it. This last weekend we were in the snow with one stock unlimited stuck, another member hooked a strap on to pull him out, some members had him tighten up the slack before pulling, all he did is get himself stuck. I backed up pulled the first jeep, they tried to have me pull up the slack, I knew better, left a bit of slack had him start going then gave a small tug and out he came. I'm going to make a point to make sure the club practice's a bit next time out.

Don't let fear and common sense hold you back:)
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I agree with getting familiar with your equipment. My wife laughs when I buy a new toy and play with it in the driveway until we get out in the middle of nowhere and shit goes down.

J-Frame

First post here, found Wayalife while playing on the YouTube interwebs, and it led me to this forum. Seems like this thread has been resuscitated a couple of times from years gone past, but honestly, keeping it up to date would be a great resource for us new folks.

For instance, I have been questioning purchasing a bottle jack for my 2021 Wrangler Rubicon (4th Jeep, 3rd Wrangler), and I would love to see some input on brands, quality, and so on. Looking at the US Jack 12-ton right now because it is US not China made. And will add an axle accessory thingie too.

Thank you folks! I enjoy learning from Eddie’s videos, and I’m pretty sure I’ll like the forum as well.

J-Frame

J-Frame

My Rubicon will almost certainly stay on the stock 33” size. We do basically forest service type roads, no body-damage allowed type things. And I’m very happy with the 2.0L Turbo/8-speed auto performance, don’t want to get into re-gearing and so on. But I really want to stay away from Chinese products pretty much forever, and I prefer to buy once/cry once, so the US Jack is what I’m focusing on.

I looked at the Safe Jack kits, but again, the Omega is a Chinese product I believe, and they don’t even guarantee you will get an Omega now.

CalSgt

Hooked
My Rubicon will almost certainly stay on the stock 33” size. We do basically forest service type roads, no body-damage allowed type things. And I’m very happy with the 2.0L Turbo/8-speed auto performance, don’t want to get into re-gearing and so on. But I really want to stay away from Chinese products pretty much forever, and I prefer to buy once/cry once, so the US Jack is what I’m focusing on.

I looked at the Safe Jack kits, but again, the Omega is a Chinese product I believe, and they don’t even guarantee you will get an Omega now.
My Jet isn't USA made but says Japan on it, seems to be real high quality. Those US Jacks look nice but holy shit are they proud of them, $220-260 for something between 3 and 8 ton

J-Frame

My Jet isn't USA made but says Japan on it, seems to be real high quality. Those US Jacks look nice but holy shit are they proud of them, $220-260 for something between 3 and 8 ton
I’d be perfectly happy with Japanese products too, or Australian. Just no Chinese! I will look into the Jet. And I have found a US 12-ton for $196, still high, but much better than the listed or amazon prices of $259.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Top Bottom