Ready welder

Yup, I used to have one. Nice welder and in a relatively compact box. Only real downside is that yo need to hook it up to 2 batteries and it wold suck if you ran them dry.

I run a duel batety setup and only one is for the motor the other is just for gear, what do you use now??

What welder do you use now??

I sold my Premier to get a Hobart Trek 180. It has it's own battery pack and is totally portable. I LOVE this thing as it works just like a basic mig welder and one that you can even hook gas up to. It was pricey though and I say "was" because I understand that it's no longer available for sale. A real shame. :grayno:

I sold my Premier to get a Hobart Trek 180. It has it's own battery pack and is totally portable. I LOVE this thing as it works just like a basic mig welder and one that you can even hook gas up to. It was pricey though and I say "was" because I understand that it's no longer available for sale. A real shame. :grayno:

I saw those welders and was amazed at their function. But my thought was, how do you use one?

Any ideas on where you can take a class or learn how to properly use one? This way you can avoid injury to yourself, your friends, your rig, etc.

I saw those welders and was amazed at their function. But my thought was, how do you use one?

Any ideas on where you can take a class or learn how to properly use one? This way you can avoid injury to yourself, your friends, your rig, etc.

Are you referring to the Premier Ready Welder? If so, you just need to hook it up to 2 batteries and use it like a regular mig with a spool gun. You will need to make sure you have it hooked up to the batteries properly for flux core wire (what most people run on the trail) and the instructions it comes with explains all this well. If you don't know anything about welding, yeah, a class would be helpful but anybody who knows how to weld will know how to use one of these.

The Hobart is literally a home mig welder with a battery :yup:

Many community colleges have welding classes from beginner to advanced. You can also check out the American Welding Society website for schools. https://schools.aws.org/ Another option is to find a local high school welding teacher. Many of them are certified proctors and get you pointed in a good direction. I met a retired HS welding teacher and took a class he offered for donations locally.

That's awesome! Too bad it's no longer in production. :grayno:

I recently bought the Lincoln 210 MP which is very flexible. I'm no electrical guru, but have started to think about researching the possibility of a power source for this machine on the trail. http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/equipment/Pages/product.aspx?product=K3963-1(LincolnElectric)

As previously stated, try to find a class or learn from someone who truly knows what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend Youtube Certification for this one no matter how good the videos are. If you don't get a good weld, you could have some serious safety issues for yourself and others.

Are you referring to the Premier Ready Welder? If so, you just need to hook it up to 2 batteries and use it like a regular mig with a spool gun. You will need to make sure you have it hooked up to the batteries properly for flux core wire (what most people run on the trail) and the instructions it comes with explains all this well. If you don't know anything about welding, yeah, a class would be helpful but anybody who knows how to weld will know how to use one of these.

Is there a similar setup that you know of still available I like the idea of it being self supported with its own battery

Top Bottom