Ready to get new tires but...

I'm running 35s on 4.10s and it's barely acceptable in my opinion. Everyone has different feelings on what is acceptable. I have a big hill on the freeway where I live and I need to drop into 4th on a manual transmission to keep up with traffic.

You have 3.71 or 3.23 I believe. Depending on tow package or not.

Edit: 3.73 or 3.21. But I was close. Hah.

Is it true that if you have factory tow package you get the 3.73 gearing?

I just picked the Exo Grappler Awts up 2 weeks ago. I spend about the same amount of time on the road and was sick of getting beat up by the MT's I was running. I have the sport and put the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod on with bilstein shocks. I started out with 33's and immediately regretted the decision. The 35x12.50x17s I run now are perfect for what I run. No road noise or vibrations on the highway, and tons of traction off the road (rock and dirt so far, looking forward to snow performance). Right now I am running stock gears long term plan is to regear. I did get the synergy D30 assurance kit (still need to get it installed) to hopefully buy me some time with the Dana 30 until I can swing the full 44 upgrade. Figured I would post a few pictures of 35's so you can get an idea

Amazing, looks sooo good. If you don't mind me asking, what rims (or aftermarket) wheels do you have? I love the look on them. Currently, putting together the package on total cost for everything and trying to find colors that will flow evenly with the Red colored Jeep haha. Love your rig though! real nice

Here is my jeep when it had 35s and the 2.5 teraflex bb.

Awesome, greatly appreciate the image to see what it would look like :) love the white jeeps haha should have gotten mine in white

Yes it is true.
yes! So I'm solid then on the gear for now I think. But will eventually go up in gear size. I was looking at them, they aren't that expensive if it's just the gears that would need to be replaced and not the entire axle haha.

yes! So I'm solid then on the gear for now I think. But will eventually go up in gear size. I was looking at them, they aren't that expensive if it's just the gears that would need to be replaced and not the entire axle haha.

The gears aren't that much. Its the damn labor to install them. Maybe you'll have better luck in NOVA. I could find anyone down south the would charge less than $600 per axle. :(

The gears aren't that much. Its the damn labor to install them. Maybe you'll have better luck in NOVA. I could find anyone down south the would charge less than $600 per axle. :(

$600 ?! That's crazy, but I am sure I will find someone up here but will charge an arm and a leg to get them installed. I better start creating more apps then to cover that expense haha!

Last edited:
Amazing, looks sooo good. If you don't mind me asking, what rims (or aftermarket) wheels do you have? I love the look on them. Currently, putting together the package on total cost for everything and trying to find colors that will flow evenly with the Red colored Jeep haha. Love your rig though! real nice

Thanks man, the rims are procomp 7031s. I am sure they would look awesome with red

Is there a way to tell? I went out to look for the spec sheet in my car last night but I must have thrown it out the day I bought the car. Didn't know squat about that stuff when I got the Jeep a couple months ago haha

Is there a way to tell? I went out to look for the spec sheet in my car last night but I must have thrown it out the day I bought the car. Didn't know squat about that stuff when I got the Jeep a couple months ago haha

You can request a build sheet from Chrysler for free or you can jack up the rear of your jeep and spin your tires one full rotation. While spinning watch your driveshaft and count how many rotations it makes for one tire spin. If it's just over 3 then you have 3.21's. Just under 4 is 3.73 and so on and so forth.

Not true. The tow package from the factory gives you the hitch and 4-pin connector. The "max tow" package gives you that PLUS the 3.73 gears. So you could have 3.21's with a hitch on the back.

Well, I learned something new today. Looking at Jeep.com there is the "Trailer Tow Package" and the "Max Tow Package" and the spec match what you are talking about. Thank you for the correction.

Well, I learned something new today. Looking at Jeep.com there is the "Trailer Tow Package" and the "Max Tow Package" and the spec match what you are talking about. Thank you for the correction.

Sure thing. Didn't want the OP to do all the mods he's talking about then have poor performance due to his gearing.

You can also get it online through the jeep website. I stumbled onto it so can't remember exactly how but somewhere you'll be able to enter your VIN and download it.

Sure thing. Didn't want the OP to do all the mods he's talking about then have poor performance due to his gearing.

Appreciate the concern :clap2::thankyou:

You can also get it online through the jeep website. I stumbled onto it so can't remember exactly how but somewhere you'll be able to enter your VIN and download it.

I found the site and submitted a spec sheet. Hoping I get a response and crossing my fingers, if not will have to roll on crappy gears for a while or start off first with gears then do the rest.

Top Bottom