Random Photos

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Trail Jeeps just posted this on Instagram. I have to say, I usually don't like bright polished wheels, except on black, dark blue or red Jeeps, but those are SEXY!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472668112.894636.jpg

projectMMTB

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472671190.668009.jpg
So yesterday I was on my way to work and my steering went out. Thankfully I could safely get off to the side and found that my drag link is slightly fudged up ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472671307.274000.jpg

Last edited:

Frydaddy

So yesterday I was on my way to work and my steering went out. Thankfully I could safely get off to the side and found that my track bar is slightly fudged up

Im about to flip my drag link this weekend! What happened? I see the nut broke loose, was it cotter-pinned? Did it oval out the hole?

JKbrick

Im about to flip my drag link this weekend! What happened? I see the nut broke loose, was it cotter-pinned? Did it oval out the hole?

Most I've seen have nylock nuts with no cotter pin, must not have checked it after it was flipped, hard telling

projectMMTB

You mean drag link? How did that come out? Glad you made it to safety.

Yes I meant drag link. Idk why I put track bar. But I have no clue. I noticed the other day my steering was very loose and had a lot of play in the steering wheel.
I hit a bump on the way to work and lost my steering. I have no clue how it happened or what caused it. I was taking it to the shop today to get it checked out but ended up having it towed yesterday since it wasn't drivable

It's an evo kit

Last edited:

JKbrick

Yes I meant drag link. Idk why I put track bar. But I have no clue. I noticed the other day my steering was very loose and had a lot of play in the steering wheel.
I hit a bump on the way to work and lost my steering. I have no clue how it happened or what caused it. I was taking it to the shop today to get it checked out but ended up having it towed yesterday since it wasn't drivable

It's an evo kit

You should get a paint marking pen and periodically get under there and torque everything then mark with paint everything you check. The alcohol wipes like medics use clean off the paint before you start the next time

WJCO

Meme King

It's an evo kit

So I assume the nut was completely gone then when this happened? How long ago was the flip done?

WJCO

Meme King
I wonder if it ever got tightened? Some of the tapered connections I've taken apart you wouldn't think would come apart even without a nut

Same here.

Sometimes too while tightening the nut on a ball/socket joint, the whole tapered stud will spin in the joint. I'm hoping somebody didn't think it was tightening when it wasn't tightening at all. Either way he's lucky something worse didn't happen.

projectMMTB

Did you do it or a shop? If shop, then they should take care of it.

Done at a shop at the same time I did the enforcer and axle swap. I talked to them and tried to keep my cool and they made it sound like it was my fault that I didn't double check it.
Yes, I should've double checked everything and I did check many things, just didn't think I would have to worry about something that is fairly basic...

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Done at a shop at the same time I did the enforcer and axle swap. I talked to them and tried to keep my cool and they made it sound like it was my fault that I didn't double check it.
Yes, I should've double checked everything and I did check many things, just didn't think I would have to worry about something that is fairly basic...

That's bullshit. If you pay a professional to do a job you shouldn't have to double check anything.

It's not a bad idea to check but you shouldn't have to do it

WJCO

Meme King

You shouldn't have to check it, and a nylon locking nut shouldn't loosen on its own. They fucked up plain and simple.

JKbrick

As a business owner, they just need to make it right and learn from this, apologize and thank God tonight nothing worse came out of this. I'm glad your ok

Top Bottom