Random Photos

jamesrw30

Well hit my first deer tonight. Family was all loaded up coming home from the in laws and sucker didn't even give me a chance. He flew high enough to make Santa proud. I'll say this, factory bumper took it like a champ. Just some deer fur all over it and in the hood.

Attachments

• PXL_20231210_013806389.jpg
    PXL_20231210_013806389.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20231210_013633681.jpg
    PXL_20231210_013633681.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 27

WJCO

Meme King
Well hit my first deer tonight. Family was all loaded up coming home from the in laws and sucker didn't even give me a chance. He flew high enough to make Santa proud. I'll say this, factory bumper took it like a champ. Just some deer fur all over it and in the hood.
I was going to ask what caliber, but then saw the tow hook. Hope you have the freezer space to keep Santa proud.

jeeeep

Hooked
glad he flew off in the right and family is safe.

jamesrw30

Unfortunately I have no where to put it. Wish I did. It flew off into the deer heaven once the local PD got there. I didn't have anything on me to dispatch it myself.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Shoulda got the backstraps.

jesse3638

Hooked
Glad you and your family are OK. I hit one several years ago driving to a WAL run. My stinger did its job and protected my radiator....haha.

jamesrw30

Glad you and your family are OK. I hit one several years ago driving to a WAL run. My stinger did its job and protected my radiator....haha.
I was impressed with the factory bumper. No real signs but fur, it sure did launch it though. Hit at an angle instead of head on which is a plus.

Brute

Hooked
Unfortunately I have no where to put it. Wish I did. It flew off into the deer heaven once the local PD got there. I didn't have anything on me to dispatch it myself.
My dad killed one we hit with his truck with a framing hammer…then threw it into the bed

It’s been a while since I’ve perused the magazine rack at the grocery store, something I used to do all the time before smartphones and I was surprised to see how much was still in print… and not. Certainly, not a single Jeep related rag in sight anyway.
View attachment 399100
I'll still browse around them whenever I stop by Barnes and Noble, have noticed the past year or two they no longer carry any Jp, 4Wheel & Offroad, or something of the like.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is illegal in most states. You need a valid hunting permit to take game animals.
Thats actually not accurate. If the deer has life threatening injuries the thing to do is to take them out and most of the time, thats what happens when they are found. You don't need a hunting license to dispatch a deer that has been hit by a car and unable to survive on its own.

Thats actually not accurate. If the deer has life threatening injuries the thing to do is to take them out and most of the time, thats what happens when they are found. You don't need a hunting license to dispatch a deer that has been hit by a car and unable to survive on its own.
The killing is not the problem. Taking the body away is. At least that is what I read in Texas law some time ago.

Top Bottom