Random Photos

jamesrw30

We took our son to his first college game today. Didn't really go for the game, more the experience. Got $15 tickets so it was a fun thing to do. They played like dirt and got beat pretty badly but we had fun.

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_205342822.jpg
    PXL_20231118_205342822.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20231118_205128491.jpg
    PXL_20231118_205128491.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 14

kevman65

Hooked
Curious how this happens.
View attachment 398759
There are several theories, wind, rotational forces of the planet, heavier/stronger growth on one side of the tree.

Plus, people will do it when they are smaller, twisting them to affect their growth.

But I don't think there is any concrete proof on any of the theories.

The odd thing is to find one in a heavy growth of trees and none of the others are twisted.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There are several theories, wind, rotational forces of the planet, heavier/stronger growth on one side of the tree.

Plus, people will do it when they are smaller, twisting them to affect their growth.

But I don't think there is any concrete proof on any of the theories.

The odd thing is to find one in a heavy growth of trees and none of the others are twisted.
This one is surrounded by other trees and none of the others have it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks like Charlie Brown forgot to take the Christmas lights off and the tree grew around and over the lights.

Are those pieces of vine sticking out of the creases?
I don’t think so. I’ll look again tomorrow. I think it’s just new growth. Pretty sure it’s a green ash and those things grow all over. Gonna cut that tree down but curious what it is.

Top Bottom