Random Photos

Brute

Hooked
@Brute did you see them putting up 270 Park Ave at all? Thing looks incredible. Tallest steel frame in NYC

I’m not sure if I went by…it was pretty nasty out the first day we got there, then spent most of the days prepping a property we own for a new tenant. Mostly went out at night or close by in the daytime for lunch

Brute

Hooked
Is that where the surf side condo was or a different site?
So…this the old Versailles Hotel built in the 40’s that was recently a run down residence…it is on the register of historic buildings, hence why it wasn’t torn down. the Aman intends to include the building structure in its new hotel plans

DaJudge

View attachment 400676 View attachment 400678 View attachment 400679 View attachment 400680 They are building the Aman next door to the building we are staying…helluva big auger…and an even bigger one…
Building in Florida ia a bitch. It is hard to find anything solid to put foundations on. Huge sections of US 92 are floating on pontoons because they couldn't find solid ground. When my wife and were in college our apartment was close to I-75. When they were widening it through Gainesville we could hear them driving in the concrete to get to something solid for the bridges. One day it was bam, bam, bam, whoomph! They hit a cave and the pilings just disappeared! Took them a while to come up with a new plan. They ended up pouring a huge concrete base to "float" the bridge on.

Brute

Hooked
Building in Florida ia a bitch. It is hard to find anything solid to put foundations on. Huge sections of US 92 are floating on pontoons because they couldn't find solid ground. When my wife and were in college our apartment was close to I-75. When they were widening it through Gainesville we could hear them driving in the concrete to get to something solid for the bridges. One day it was bam, bam, bam, whoomph! They hit a cave and the pilings just disappeared! Took them a while to come up with a new plan. They ended up pouring a huge concrete base to "float" the bridge on.
Same as Honolulu/Waikiki...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How long did it take for her to get used to the booties?
She isn’t really. We bought them in California for the summer when the sidewalks were super hot and never really used them. When I put them on this morning she didn’t want to put her feet down (that awkward dog with things on their feet move) but as soon as I let her outside she was normal. Running and not even paying attention to them. It was -3 this morning and everything is icy so I figured a little protection wouldn’t hurt her.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
She isn’t really. We bought them in California for the summer when the sidewalks were super hot and never really used them. When I put them on this morning she didn’t want to put her feet down (that awkward dog with things on their feet move) but as soon as I let her outside she was normal. Running and not even paying attention to them. It was -3 this morning and everything is icy so I figured a little protection wouldn’t hurt her.
LOL - that's how it is with Ripley too. And holy hell, -3?! 🥶

jeeeep

Hooked
I use paw balm throughout the year to keep the dog pads from cracking if they start feeling dry and rough, use it more often during the colder months to keep the dog pads from cracking.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I use paw balm throughout the year to keep the dog pads from cracking if they start feeling dry and rough, use it more often during the colder months to keep the dog pads from cracking.
Yeah we have some. She licks it off as soon as we put it on. lol

Top Bottom