Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

CalSgt

Hooked
I went to Oh-Oh-Oh O'Reilly's to buy a tail light bulb for the wife's Yukon.... No dice.

Found out LED tail lights come as an assembly & only in pairs... $600 for the set:eek:

Thank god for youtube. About an hour worth of work, some solder, silicone, & a piece of wire saved the day:rock:

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

Abntroop

Have not had much luck landing a new job here in Carson, so have started doing commission model fabrication/paint work to help offset while I continue looking. Would not mind doing this full time now that I have a shop, and have gotten moved in but have never run my own business before. Finding that aspect of it to be a bit daunting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Abntroop

That's badass.

Thank you! [emoji16][emoji1303] was a fun project. Have a slew of other projects to finish but the heat took a crap in the shop day before last. Too cold to paint or run the 3D printers. Had a tech out to look at it, he found a leak and then proceeded to overfill the ductless minisplit. [emoji849] then he bounced and said it’d be a couple weeks before he could come back. Trying to get a different outfit to come fix it but am stuck in a holding pattern til then.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Have not had much luck landing a new job here in Carson, so have started doing commission model fabrication/paint work to help offset while I continue looking. Would not mind doing this full time now that I have a shop, and have gotten moved in but have never run my own business before. Finding that aspect of it to be a bit daunting.

Once you get over that initial hurtle, being your own boss is the best thing in the world! Hope you can make it happen, you surely have the skills for it. In segment that I use is having 3D printed models built for some of my clients homes. Might be a another good segment to get into to help cover the cost of startup.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Abntroop

Once you get over that initial hurtle, being your own boss is the best thing in the world! Hope you can make it happen, you surely have the skills for it. In segment that I use is having 3D printed models built for some of my clients homes. Might be a another good segment to get into to help cover the cost of startup.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That’s good thinking. Figure there are a handful of different ways to approach it. Was looking into offering my services for local manufacturing who may want/need prototyping done, also looking into approaching local tabletop gaming folks to see if they want terrain kits, etc. right now I’m just trying to flush out my social media stuff to advertise my skills. Will see what comes of it.

BaddestCross

Thank you! [emoji16][emoji1303] was a fun project. Have a slew of other projects to finish but the heat took a crap in the shop day before last. Too cold to paint or run the 3D printers. Had a tech out to look at it, he found a leak and then proceeded to overfill the ductless minisplit. [emoji849] then he bounced and said it’d be a couple weeks before he could come back. Trying to get a different outfit to come fix it but am stuck in a holding pattern til then.

It's hard to find someone that knows how to fix those fuckers. This year has been a crash course for me and my techs. [emoji849]

Call the manufacturer or go on their website to see if they have a list of authorized dealers in your area.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Abntroop

It's hard to find someone that knows how to fix those fuckers. This year has been a crash course for me and my techs. [emoji849]

Call the manufacturer or go on their website to see if they have a list of authorized dealers in your area.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Good lookin out! I’m surprised by this as it’s not like they are new. Unfortunately I’m constrained by the home warranty. At this point I know exactly what’s wrong with it, it just needs to have the lines vaccumed down and then be refilled to the correct level of refrigerant.

Ddays

Hooked
Wrapped up with this build a few weeks ago. A replica Anubis guard helmet from Stargate. https://youtu.be/30NjdJKTyjU

Nice work - that's awesome!

Best piece of advice I could give you is to prepare and save for the down time. It happens a lot and I've seen a lot of people go under for spending either what they don't have or overspending because they think the busy time is gonna last forever. Maybe it will, but establish yourself first.

One of the coolest thing about owning your own company is knowing that success or failure is all on you, so the sky's the limit. Good luck!

BaddestCross

Good lookin out! I’m surprised by this as it’s not like they are new. Unfortunately I’m constrained by the home warranty. At this point I know exactly what’s wrong with it, it just needs to have the lines vaccumed down and then be refilled to the correct level of refrigerant.

Yeah, problem with that is those systems are extremely sensitive to proper charging unlike traditional systems. It requires the tech to do math, read, and own a scale. You'd be lucky to get a tech that does insurance work to do one of those three.

--

Abntroop

Nice work - that's awesome!

Best piece of advice I could give you is to prepare and save for the down time. It happens a lot and I've seen a lot of people go under for spending either what they don't have or overspending because they think the busy time is gonna last forever. Maybe it will, but establish yourself first.

One of the coolest thing about owning your own company is knowing that success or failure is all on you, so the sky's the limit. Good luck!

Thank you! [emoji1303]

jesse3638

Hooked
Trying to get motivated to get some much needed maintenance done on the jeep, I installed my surround sound system in the garage...haha. I figured it had been sitting for nearly 6 years. Now it'll get some use.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

Used the jeep OBA to inflate balloons for my daughters one year birthday party. Any excuse to use the jeep! LOL

IMG_5730.jpg
IMG_5732.jpg

Top Bottom