Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Been working on finishing up the basement bedroom lately. When it’s finished there will be a bedroom, bathroom, playroom, office and storage. If there is enough space, there will be a small workout space too.

The bedroom is large enough so my brother in law has his own space too. It’s 13x16
IMG_4577.jpeg

Been working on finishing up the basement bedroom lately. When it’s finished there will be a bedroom, bathroom, playroom, office and storage. If there is enough space, there will be a small workout space too.

The bedroom is large enough so my brother in law has his own space too. It’s 13x16
View attachment 397833
That’s going to be great. Love that a lot of the houses up there have those huge basements. So much extra usable space.

That’s going to be great. Love that a lot of the houses up there have those huge basements. So much extra usable space.
Unfortunately, it’s not as popular with new homes unless they are custom built. A lot of the new cookie cutter communities don’t have basements, at least the ones I worked on.

We were super lucky with our house and the neighborhood we landed in. Even though our house needs some work but it can be done over time.

Unfortunately, it’s not as popular with new homes unless they are custom built. A lot of the new cookie cutter communities don’t have basements, at least the ones I worked on.

We were super lucky with our house and the neighborhood we landed in. Even though our house needs some work but it can be done over time.
Yeah, we noticed that when we were attempting to move up there. All the newer houses didn’t have them… guessing they were on slabs.

Nearly all the houses here are on slabs too. Sucks too because In my subdivision many of the houses had those hot water recirculating pumps installed and it destroyed the lines and they had to demo the flooring to fix them.

Yeah, we noticed that when we were attempting to move up there. All the newer houses didn’t have them… guessing they were on slabs.

Nearly all the houses here are on slabs too. Sucks too because In my subdivision many of the houses had those hot water recirculating pumps installed and it destroyed the lines and they had to demo the flooring to fix them.
That’s crazy to think that the recirculating pumps destroyed your pipes! All of the houses I manage have them. Sucks they had to tear up the floor to get to it.

That’s crazy to think that the recirculating pumps destroyed your pipes! All of the houses I manage have them. Sucks they had to tear up the floor to get to it.
Yeah, luckily I didn’t get one installed as our house is pretty small. The lines were copper, not pex, and they may have been too thin walled?

Copper lines in concrete (cement) with no coating or insulation get eaten by the chemical reaction with the concrete (cement).

Should be 4" below slab and have insulation when passing through slab. Soft copper for radiant heat floors should have a plastic outer jacket.

Copper lines develop pin-hole leaks, seemingly at random.

Early this year I dealt with a pinhole in a 3/4 copper line at my Moms house… 2” before the T… (+/- 20 year old copper) flooded her crawlspace. And on a Job we built in 2017… 2 pinholes in PEX about a month apart.. both under the 1st floor. PEX tested the pipe and said it was a bad batch.. So we re-plumbed the whole 1st floor.

Copper or Plastic… screwed either way.

Early this year I dealt with a pinhole in a 3/4 copper line at my Moms house… 2” before the T… (+/- 20 year old copper) flooded her crawlspace. And on a Job we built in 2017… 2 pinholes in PEX about a month apart.. both under the 1st floor. PEX tested the pipe and said it was a bad batch.. So we re-plumbed the whole 1st floor.

Copper or Plastic… screwed either way.
Had one of these in my house. Found it tearing up the tile to put down LVP. It was right above the stem wall. There was just enough pipe that the plumber was able to fix it without demoing the slab much. By the look of things it had been leaking for 15 years, right after it was installed. The leak was so small it took several seconds for a drop to form then run down the pipe.

Thankfully no issues, But it's been 23 years and never had it pumped out. Thought it was about time & wanted to make it so I dont have to dig the damn thing out again.
Holy shit. That's a long time. What size is the system?

Holy shit. That's a long time. What size is the system?
1000 gallon concrete tank. We have a conventional field with 3 laterals. Our soil composition is ideal for a standard system (according to the geologist that works for the county) and we've never had an issue with it. Farm next to me been here for 60 years and he just had his done the forst time in 40 some years. Whole hilltop is like that

1000 gallon concrete tank. We have a conventional field with 3 laterals. Our soil composition is ideal for a standard system (according to the geologist that works for the county) and we've never had an issue with it. Farm next to me been here for 60 years and he just had his done the forst time in 40 some years. Whole hilltop is like that
Must be nice. My soil sucks.

Top Bottom