Random Internet Shit you've come across

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

Spazbyt

Hooked
I really really hope that Texans don’t mess this up.

Missouri is the opposite. We can now CCW without a permit and we have been able to open carry for as long as I can remember to no ill effect. The problem arises when you can do one but not the other. basically, before CCWs most law abiding citizens wouldn't risk the chance of being accused of "concealing" a firearm. When people were driving they would put their firearm in their passenger seat in plain view to not get hit with a concealing firearm charge. It made zero sense.

FFPulley77

Hooked
I really really hope that Texans don’t mess this up.

I love how the media is portraying this bill as now everyone inTexas can carry a firearm. Below is an excerpt from the actual bill:
Section 23, Article I, of the Texas Constitution
secures for Texas citizens the right to keep and bear arms;
(3) persons who are currently prohibited from
possessing firearms under state and federal law will not gain the
right to possess or carry a firearm under this legislation; and
(4) persons who are currently prohibited from
possessing a firearm include: persons convicted of a felony as
described by the provisions of Section 46.04, Penal Code, persons
convicted of certain assault offenses under Section 22.01, Penal
Code, punishable as a Class A misdemeanor and involving a member of
the person's family or household, certain persons who are the
subject of a protective order under Section 46.04(c), Penal Code,
and persons meeting any of the criteria listed in 18 U.S.C. Section
922(g), including persons adjudicated to be mentally incompetent.
Now, I’m not saying this bill will stop those who aren’t allowed to carry firearms, well because criminals are criminals. But just goes to show how media will manipulate (lies of omission) people to think that there are no gun laws now. Link to bill is below in case anyone wants to read it. https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/html/HB01927E.htm

FFPulley77

Hooked
Missouri is the opposite. We can now CCW without a permit and we have been able to open carry for as long as I can remember to no ill effect. The problem arises when you can do one but not the other. basically, before CCWs most law abiding citizens wouldn't risk the chance of being accused of "concealing" a firearm. When people were driving they would put their firearm in their passenger seat in plain view to not get hit with a concealing firearm charge. It made zero sense.
Agreed. In this case, now citizens can legally open and concealed carry in Texas. Back in Louisiana the vehicle was considered an extension of your home, so the firearm wasn’t considered concealed if a person had it in their console or glovebox. And in Texas, the law states that the firearm must not be in plain view. It’s wild that Missouri had people that frightened about having one put away in their own vehicle.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Agreed. In this case, now citizens can legally open and concealed carry in Texas. Back in Louisiana the vehicle was considered an extension of your home, so the firearm wasn’t considered concealed if a person had it in their console or glovebox. And in Texas, the law states that the firearm must not be in plain view. It’s wild that Missouri had people that frightened about having one put away in their own vehicle.
In Hawai’i, guns are bad. Period. No open carry, no concealed anything, 80 lowers are the worst thing on the planet, and any jigs or tools used to make them are the devil.

FFPulley77

Hooked
In Hawai’i, guns are bad. Period. No open carry, no concealed anything, 80 lowers are the worst thing on the planet, and any jigs or tools used to make them are the devil.
That’s truly sad and I don’t feel like any state in our Republic should be that way. It almost seems like the Islands (and other states) are taking a page from England’s playbook.

Top Bottom