Questions for 33's out there. If any left.

Dannyboy76

So I know I am asking a question that has been most likely ask thousand times before. What I have is a stock 2008 JKU. As for right now I have about 65000 on my car with 225/17r75(32’s). I have the money saved up to put a 2.5” lift on (which one I haven’t decided yet, Between AEV or TF). However I need new tires. I am going with BFG 33’s. I am more of driving on the beach, and some trails. I am not much into rock crawling. I have read that most go with 35’s. Which if I were to go that route I would do a regear. And I this time just a little bit out of my price range for right now. So my request is, I am hoping if some of you are running 33’s with 2.5”, think you can post a pic. Just so I can get a general idea of what it might look like?

jkfern27

I dont know how much this will help you but here is mine with 33s and a 3.5 in lift

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1391701129245.jpg
    1391701129245.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 278

Atch

2" OME HD lift with 295/70R17 Toyos ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391701928.478929.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391702051.530436.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391701990.424542.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391701990.424542.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 265

Dannyboy76

Jkfer27-nice looking setup

Atch- Are you those are 33’s ?

I was just looking at what my Jeep will potentially look like. On some Jeeps the 33’s look real small and on others they look really good. This is why I am asking for pic just so I can get a better idea.

JKU EXTREME

I have a 3"coilspacer lift with 33"s. I like it, wish I had a coil lift with new shocks. I'll post a pic when I get to a computer though.
Have you considered the 3"plush ride coils, but is it the Teraflex 2.5" budget boost, coil lift or coilspacer?
I myself would go with AEV, that's just me... But bl17z90(Zach) has an AEV 2.5" lift, you might ask him how he likes it

Last edited:

aldaman

If you're set on running 33s then save your money and either get a spacer for the front to eliminate the rake or a 1.5" leveling kit. I ran 33s with a 2.5" lift and to me it didn't look proportionate. There after I switched to 35s :crazyeyes:

33s

image.jpg

35s

image.jpg

aldaman

Last edited:

espi

ESPI- how do you like those duratracs?

I like them they have been awesome in the snow we had here in Jersey. They do well on the highway and not to loud. The wind noise at 80 MPH is worse.

With the 2.5" lift they look good, but I wish I waited and got 34s I was looking at the AT2 extremes in 285/75r17 but they are out of stock. I parked next to a JK with 35s and they really were not much smaller its just pictures that make them look smaller. I only have 6500 miles on them so it will be assume before I get something new.

One thing to note is i didn't pay top dollar for them. I got DTD to price match a local shop.

Army_Vet

Banned

I was just looking at what my Jeep will potentially look like. On some Jeeps the 33’s look real small and on others they look really good. This is why I am asking for pic just so I can get a better idea.

Back spacing may have a lot to do with this...

eeftw

So I know I am asking a question that has been most likely ask thousand times before. What I have is a stock 2008 JKU. As for right now I have about 65000 on my car with 225/17r75(32’s). I have the money saved up to put a 2.5” lift on (which one I haven’t decided yet, Between AEV or TF). However I need new tires. I am going with BFG 33’s. I am more of driving on the beach, and some trails. I am not much into rock crawling. I have read that most go with 35’s. Which if I were to go that route I would do a regear. And I this time just a little bit out of my price range for right now. So my request is, I am hoping if some of you are running 33’s with 2.5”, think you can post a pic. Just so I can get a general idea of what it might look like?

Rock crawling in a car? 33's on a car? :thinking:

Atch

Yes, they are just slightly larger than 33.'s. They convert to 33.3x11.61

gsmoak

These are 285/75/16 Duratracs with a TF coil leveling kit. I also put a 1/2 inch spacer in back so its essentially a 2 inch lift.

DSC_0774.jpg

Top Bottom