Question for Trektop NX users...

matt1171

I'm thinking of selling my hard top and purchasing a Trektop NX but have some questions.

1) How loud is it on the highway?
2) Any regrets?
3) How much storage space do you lose?
4) How does it come off? Does it fold down like a regular soft top or does it come completely off and you store it in the back?
5) How long does it take to take off and put back on?

Thanks for your help.

NOPULP13

I was actually about to post the same questions I originally had a TJ with a bikni windjammer and tonno cover loved it wanted to put it on my 13 jk but i do not have a soft top so in order to run the same i would need a bikini windjammer and tonno for the jk as well as door surrounds header bar talegate bar and sound bar cover where as if i buy the nx trek it will come with all that and I can still keep it dry in bad weather id love to hear user feedback i get it that if i want i can make it a safari top and fold back the sunrider but what if i want it completely topless is it a pain? bump for a good thread!:rock:

TheMikeD

I'm thinking of selling my hard top and purchasing a Trektop NX but have some questions.

2) Any regrets?
4) How does it come off? Does it fold down like a regular soft top or does it come completely off and you store it in the back?

Thanks for your help.

1) It's a little louder than the hard top, but it doesn't really affect conversation, etc. It does render the blue tooth microphone (if you have that) pretty useless.

2) No regrets really. I still have my hard top and occasionally switch it out.

3) You lose a little at the back of the bed, but I haven't had an issue. I never really stacked stuff all the way to the roof with the hard top, either though.

4) It doesn't fold down. The top is pretty much on there except if you wanted to fold back the driver/passenger section. Other than that, the rear windows and back windshield zip off. I don;t think it's really designed as something you take off on the trail.

5) Removing the entire top takes probably 10 minutes or so. If you were going to put another top on in it's place then you have to remove some hardware which takes a little more time. When I am running it I only take off the back windows and windshield which takes 2 minutes. The "top" isn't really designed to come on and off (IMO).

Sancho

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360249864.922793.jpg
I have only had mine since December .
And I had a factory soft top before. So I can only state that as far as noise I don't think it's that bad & with both tops the only time the wind noise was really bad was during a road trip and the wind that day was a cross wind and was blowing 50 mph other than that one day .... I love it !!! But I like the vercitility it offers. In a few min. You have sun rider or just a little more a convertible you have to deal with taking windows out and storage but no biggy . From what I understand it is suppos to fold all the way back to tub & they make o cover that holds it down or you use Velcro staps to hold it down. And you take just windows out then its a safari top. Hope my opinion helps . As I use it mine more ill let you know . No regrets :)

Jersey_Devil

2) Any regrets?

Thanks for your help.

1. Not bad on the hiway in my opinion
2. No regrets whatsoever
3. I don't stack much back there so the lil space u lose at the top I didn't even notice
4. Like mentioned above, it's not really designed to be folded down, i've been told that it can be folded back tho just like factory top but I haven't tried yet
5. 10 min install depending on outside temp (and ur frustration level) lol

ISSY

Any issues with leaks when it rains? My soft top ripped towards the end of summer and I'm going to get something new for the spring and this is one possibility.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Nice feedback. I just bought it as my first soft top. Haven't installed yet. But sounds like I'm going to be happy

StrizzyChris

EVERYONE who has never installed a brand new soft top gets frustrated about it not fitting! This is normal, as they want the fabric to be tight for better fitment and not loose and floppy(nobody wants that. :grayno: ) Install it, preferably in the summer when it is sunny, after letting it sit in the sun for 30min-1hr to let the fabric expand.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Prime8

EVERYONE who has never installed a brand new soft top gets frustrated about it not fitting! This is normal, as they want the fabric to be tight for better fitment and not loose and floppy(nobody wants that. :grayno: ) Install it, preferably in the summer when it is sunny, after letting it sit in the sun for 30min-1hr to let the fabric expand.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

^x2. My Trektop NX was my first soft top install. Your hands will be sore afterwards, but it's an awesome top and totally worth it.

TheMikeD

Any issues with leaks when it rains? My soft top ripped towards the end of summer and I'm going to get something new for the spring and this is one possibility.

I haven't had any issues when it rains. I live in SoCal though so that's a pretty rare situation anyway. :D

Sancho

There where a couple of good videos on YouTube ... There is one where its a green jku and the guy puts top on while holding his cell phone ... I thought it shouldn't bee that hard if he can record and put top on too ;)
I was able to put mine on in a couple of hours on a 65' day but I parked in a place that was sunny with no wind ... Just go slow And take your time with the windows zip a little then let the heat stretch it a little then zip some more. And the warmer the top the easyer it is to put on but the videos where the most help.

Top Bottom