QUESTION for Gladiator Owners...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a Jeep JT Gladiator, could you please do me a favor and let me if the following holes on the back of your the bed, just below the rear window, are open or if the lower ones have a threaded nutsert in them.

JT BED HOLES.jpg

The pic you see here is of our Gladiator Rubicon (back when it was brand new) and the lower holes have the nutserts in them but I have also seen some Gladiators that don't. Needless to say, I'm just trying to see if more have them or don't.

I appreciate your help and thank you.
Eddie

kevman65

Hooked
Thanks for chiming in. ALL 2021 and up do not have the nutserts? If so, I didn't know that.
It was a big to-do on that other place I told you about.

The big problem with it, a LOT of the bed cover manufacturers designed covers to work with those holes. Since Jeep didn't notify anyone about the change (among others) aftermarket was caught off guard.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was a big to-do on that other place I told you about.

The big problem with it, a LOT of the bed cover manufacturers designed covers to work with those holes. Since Jeep didn't notify anyone about the change (among others) aftermarket was caught off guard.
LOL - okay. I appreciate the intel. That is very helpful.

kevman65

Hooked
Couple of other things that changed on JT's.

TPMS: 2020 and back will work with older versions from JL's and JK's. 2021 and up will NOT mate up with TPMS from older vehicles.

ECM/PCM: 2020 and back it is possible to support power adders, superchargers and turbo chargers. 2021 and up will NOT support power adders, not possible to write to ECM/PCM.

Just in case anyone needed to know.

WJCO

Meme King
Mine was built in 2019. Lower hole threaded and upper is open. I remember when I put on the cover, rugged ridge included a well nut for the upper hole.

Screenshot_20221219-155326.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mine was built in 2019. Lower hole threaded and upper is open. I remember when I put on the cover, rugged ridge included a well nut for the upper hole.

View attachment 383068
Thank you for confirming things. Our JT is a 2019 build too and it has the lower well nuts but the ACCUAIR does not and it's a 2022.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My 2021 Mojave did not have nutserts, I remember the open holes and wondered why
Okay, that's good to know. I think the ACCUAIR Gladiator is an Overland and it has a lot of nice features but it didn't have the nutserts. I just wanted to make sure that having them or not wasn't model specific. So far, it sounds like it's a model year thing only.

I'm gonna guess there are a LOT more Gladiators without the nutserts than with.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that I am currently Gladiatorless, would someone be kind enough to take a measurement for me? Specifically, I need to know what the distance is from the center of the lower hole to the edge of the bulkhead where it starts to bend away.
holes.jpg

I really appreciate your help, thanks!

kevman65

Hooked
Being that I am currently Gladiatorless, would someone be kind enough to take a measurement for me? Specifically, I need to know what the distance is from the center of the lower hole to the edge of the bulkhead where it starts to bend away.
View attachment 383142

I really appreciate your help, thanks!
Got a few things working against me, but, from the center of the bolt in that hole to appx where I believe that body line is (spray in bed liner) I come up with 3/4" or 19.05 mm.

Top Bottom