Question for folks using EVO Bomber Rockers

NPC 6060⁸42

I’m thinking of installing the EVO Bomber Rockers on my Gladiator but I’m wondering first how people like them but also if they are a decent step to get in and out? I’m fairly vertically challenged and getting up in years so need to have some sort of step But also need protection, these look like good protection at a reasonable price.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Bomber rocker guard can definitely be stepped on and be used as a step but the top of it is pretty close to the door sill and so I don't know how much it would actually help you out. Granted, I do understand that any little bit can and will help and so, maybe it would be enough for you.

Upvote 0

jeeeep

Hooked
Also check out Rock Slide Engineering, I replaced the LOD on my JLU with Rock Slide (was supposed to be temporary) but they've held up well and I've come to like the drop step.

Upvote 0

GP NOIR

Hooked
I installed grip tape on my weld in rock sliders and the door sills, along with two sets of grab handles. My wife finds the tape and handles essential for getting in and out of my Jeep.

Upvote 0

NPC 6060⁸42

Also check out Rock Slide Engineering, I replaced the LOD on my JLU with Rock Slide (was supposed to be temporary) but they've held up well and I've come to like the drop step.
Are those the electric ones? I talked to a few folks with them they all like them but they are pretty pricey and me and wiring don’t get along. I can screw up a simple switch wiring.

Upvote 0

NPC 6060⁸42

I don't think it's too narrow. Just that if you can get your foot up to the top of it, you've practically got your foot inside your Jeep.
Yeah I see what you’re saying. The top is right there so while it’s a step it’s kind of high. I carry a little step stool for my 81 year old mom now maybe I’d have to start using it too. That might be pretty tough on the ego.

Upvote 0

jeeeep

Hooked
Will add they don’t hold up well on the rocks BUT the extra skid you can add to them helps a ton.
the 1st generation were horrible on the rocks and I witnessed them fail after the 1st hit when they were introduced at EJS.
They did strengthen them with after that; I'm running Gen2, I've had them in Moab, they've taken hits, and I was surprised they still worked after some of the hits they took.
If you plan to play hard in the rocks there are better options but so far, they've held up for my use. It took some getting used to disabling them when in the rocks and opening the door at the wrong time can cause damage or the step to jam.
For the other 90% of daily use, they work great. If you're in snow country, WD40 is your friend.

Upvote 0

NPC 6060⁸42

the 1st generation were horrible on the rocks and I witnessed them fail after the 1st hit when they were introduced at EJS.
They did strengthen them with after that; I'm running Gen2, I've had them in Moab, they've taken hits, and I was surprised they still worked after some of the hits they took.
If you plan to play hard in the rocks there are better options but so far, they've held up for my use. It took some getting used to disabling them when in the rocks and opening the door at the wrong time can cause damage or the step to jam.
For the other 90% of daily use, they work great. If you're in snow country, WD40 is your friend.
Yeah that makes sense but still that price ouch. They probably make sense. Most of my use is on road or mall crawling. Certainly like the price of the bombers at less than 1k or right around with powder coating. opposed to like three grand for the RSE. They are gen 3 now so presume even better than gen 2? Certainly more expensive.

Upvote 0

benatc1

Hooked
This ^^^ benatc1 would be the one to talk to more about this.
Will add they don’t hold up well on the rocks BUT the extra skid you can add to them helps a ton.
So they definitely won’t hold up in the rocks with out the skids, and even with the skids, I had to pry my steps out after the last time, but they are back working fine. Kinda a give and take, they are perfect for the wife and kids, but I don’t love them and they are pretty well over priced. But overall I do like them but wouldn't purchase them again for a jeep that was going to see rocks. I will eventually be replacing.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom