PSC squeal

Atch

I just installed and tried out my PSC hydro kit for the 1st time. I must say it handles great but when I'm at full lock or wheel starts to bind a little it sounds like 2 monkeys having sex under my hood. Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Hightower

I gave my monkeys a pack of Lucky's and some Kentucky sour mash and haven't heard a thing in weeks. Lol

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Those monkeys were making my squirrels jealous all day, the one has stamina :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Atch

I gave my monkeys a pack of Lucky's and some Kentucky sour mash and haven't heard a thing in weeks. Lol

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe I'll give this a try after I talk to PSC on Tuesday! 🐒🐒

HDGasser

I just installed and tried out my PSC hydro kit for the 1st time. I must say it handles great but when I'm at full lock or wheel starts to bind a little it sounds like 2 monkeys having sex under my hood. Has anyone else had any issues with this?

I'm more concerned with the fact you know what monkeys having sex sounds like...:bleh:

optimus prime

Psc

I installed a PSC system a couple of months ago and after a short while I had a huge problem with belt squeal. I thought I could resolve the problem with a smaller belt and the issue did go away for a few days but then returned. After a while I called PSC and explained what was going on. I was asked if I had a steel or aluminum bracket. I explained that I had a steel bracket and was told that they where having issues with the steel bracket not being strong enough and deflecting under heavy load and that the new aluminum bracket solved the issue. A couple of days later in ad the new bracket at my door and it became obvious why the aluminum was stiffer. It was made of 3/8 thick plate and was a way more substantial bracket than the steel bracket. Once it was installed and the correct belt reinstalled the issue disappeared and I've haven't looked back since.

I do have to say that the service I received from PSC was excellent. They did everything they could to resolve my concerns and get me on the road again.

Cheers
Grant

Last edited:

Atch

I've spotted the problem, my PSC high volume pump stops when at full lock. It's causing a lot of resistance on the belt. Hopefully I can get the pump replaced quickly to resolve the god awful noise.

SaddleTramp

Tie Rod?

Sorry for the thread drift, but getting ready to install a PSC kit, have you all upgraded the stock tie rod when you installed the hydro kit? I'm just trying to get everything ordered at once, be somewhat proactive and make sure I have the correct brackets. Thank you for any help.

Atch

Sorry for the thread drift, but getting ready to install a PSC kit, have you all upgraded the stock tie rod when you installed the hydro kit? I'm just trying to get everything ordered at once, be somewhat proactive and make sure I have the correct brackets. Thank you for any help.

I currently have the stock tie rod, however I just ordered the synergy tie rod. The PSC kit works fine with the stock tie rod.

CRAZYCASEY

SaddleTramp said:

Do not run the stock tie rod it will completely fold on the trai.

Atch

The squeal was a result of reusing my stock belt, it must've been stretched a bit too much. I installed the supplied belt and all is quiet.

JeepFan

Hooked
The extreme kit comes with a bigger idler pulley and a smaller than stock pulley on the PS pump. The supplied drive belt is a Goodyear 4060887 Gatorback Poly-V Belt which is slightly shorter than the stock belt.

Top Bottom