Psc Hydro Assist on stock rubicon axle

14ACES

I purchased at the beginning of new year the PSC Hydro assist kit complete with oem type steering box, rams, hoses, psc pump and a bolt on mounting bracket for the ram. Just opened box and looking at the kit. Figured I would start on the install today.

My question is would it be better to weld tabs on the stock track bar mount or use the bolt on mount. My front axles is stock. I am running the new 39” bfg km3. I have yet to take it out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased at the beginning of new year the PSC Hydro assist kit complete with oem type steering box, rams, hoses, psc pump and a bolt on mounting bracket for the ram. Just opened box and looking at the kit. Figured I would start on the install today.

My question is would it be better to weld tabs on the stock track bar mount or use the bolt on mount. My front axles is stock. I am running the new 39” bfg km3. I have yet to take it out.

I would recommend bolting on the mount and then burning it in. The factory mount alone is way too weak and you'll end up tearing it off.

14ACES

I would recommend bolting on the mount and then burning it in. The factory mount alone is way too weak and you'll end up tearing it off.

Thanks. I was thinking that.

I am contemplating cutting the whole track bar mount off. And welding on a Artec mount. I still need to weld on the artec apex truss. Then I get into whether I need to get a raised track bar mount or keep the stock location.

I have a teraflex alpine long arm kit with evo 4” plush ride springs. Everyone talks about going to a raised track bar. I installed adjustable trackbars front and rear. So far my drive ability has been perfect with no bump steer.

Maybe some one can chime in? I know if you keep the draglink and track bar on the same plane you don’t have any steering issues. What would the advantages be if I cut off the trackbar mount and go to a raised one?

BaddestCross

Yes, the zinc plated one that bolts to the mount and clamps to the axle housing.

Yeah, I have the Redneck Ram setup not the PSC, but I bought that bracket from PSC since I don't weld and it works great.

I don't know if the instructions for your kit say to do it, but I put Locktite on all the bolts and it's been solid.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve run a PSC bracket for a couple years with out any issues or movement.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom