Prorock 44 outboard shock mount options?

DGP

I'm running the pro rock 44 unlimited axle with the dynatrac big brake kit. My shocks are king 2.5" reservoirs and I'm running RK 3.5" mid arm. I had bilsteins on my Dana 30 and my metal cloak outboard mounts fixed any rubbing issues I had with them. I'm sure I would be okay with my old bilsteins but the Kings are thicker. I was told that the Kings would clear the frame with the PR44 unlimited axle but I'm flexing too much I guess. I hope I don't run into issues with my brakes now too.

MTG

Caught the Bug
How did you fix the bending?

How did I fix the bent shafts? Sent them to King to get rebuild. Actually had a local place do it the second time.

Or how did I keep them from being bent again? Use the relocation bracket.

DGP

How did I fix the bent shafts? Sent them to King to get rebuild. Actually had a local place do it the second time.

Or how did I keep them from being bent again? Use the relocation bracket.

Ya, I was wondering how you relocated the shocks? What relocation bracket did you use?

DGP

So I tried the Metal Cloak outboard mounts off my dyna 30 and as you can see no luck. Any other ideas?

image.jpg

Benito

Caught the Bug
do the shocks hit the frame when you flex both sides? if it only hits the frame on one side you may just need to adjust your trac-bar a little bit.

DGP

do the shocks hit the frame when you flex both sides? if it only hits the frame on one side you may just need to adjust your trac-bar a little bit.

The axle is centered in the frame and it is hitting in both sides.

JAGS

Hooked
The axle is centered in the frame and it is hitting in both sides.

Maybe I missed this, but is there a reason why you don't call the vendor you bought the axle from and ask what solution they'd suggest. Or second to that, call dynatrac, since it is their axle.

DGP

Maybe I missed this, but is there a reason why you don't call the vendor you bought the axle from and ask what solution they'd suggest. Or second to that, call dynatrac, since it is their axle.

Thought I would try here because both dynatrac and trail jeep told me I wouldn't have an issue getting them to fit with the unlimited prorock.

DGP

Thanks Sharkey. I looked on their website but didn't find them. Looks like they'll do the trick.

JAGS

Hooked
Thought I would try here because both dynatrac and trail jeep told me I wouldn't have an issue getting them to fit with the unlimited prorock.

I'd get an email and send them pics of the issue. Maybe something isn't set up right? Not sure if the EVO brackets will work on a PR44.

DGP

I'd get an email and send them pics of the issue. Maybe something isn't set up right? Not sure if the EVO brackets will work on a PR44.

I'm not sure what can be set up incorrectly other than not centering the axle. The Evo brackets look like they would do the trick, with a little welding they should be nice and sturdy. Part of me just want to cut the damn mounts off and start fresh with some new ones welded on. Hope dynatrac gets this figured out for the rest of you.

devwil68

Running the EVO coilovers w/ PR44U and didn't use the brackets...called EVO just to confirm. Everything works great. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459650356.037515.jpg

Anyone using a upper shock mount relocator? Found this one and like the price.
View attachment 195795

Wow....that would certainly make bolting in the top of the shock easier. Its a real PITA the way its currently designed.
Ill bet this will fix your issue. Only question is when your wheel is at full stuff, will it hit the shock?

BTW, if you decide your going to try the EVO brackets, they look real close to the same as the Synergy ones that I took off. DONT weld them for starters. Bolt them up and check first, because if they cause interference on full turn with the brakes as mine did, you dont want to have to cut them off and find you have wasted all that time and money.

Good luck!

Last edited:

DGP

Wow....that would certainly make bolting in the top of the shock easier. Its a real PITA the way its currently designed.
Ill bet this will fix your issue. Only question is when your wheel is at full stuff, will it hit the shock?

BTW, if you decide your going to try the EVO brackets, they look real close to the same as the Synergy ones that I took off. DONT weld them for starters. Bolt them up and check first, because if they cause interference on full turn with the brakes as mine did, you dont want to have to cut them off and find you have wasted all that time and money.

Good luck!

For $30 I'm going to try the upper relocators. It seems like relocating the upper portion of the shock body makes more sense because that's what is hitting the frame. I definitly wouldn't weld any part until I've checked all clearances on and off road.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I had the evo brackets on my stock 44 with my coilovers. When I got the pr44 didn't need them as the shock mounts are already moved out. But the bolt on coilover bracket does move the top mount out a bit which might be why the coilovers don't rub.

Anyway, if u want to use the evo brackets on the pr44 you are going to have to do a little fabbing/welding. They bolt to the stock shock bracket which is just a couple holes to drill but they also bolt to the coil bucket on the factory axle. The pr44 coil bucket is totally different so will need to find way to attach them to axle to support the vertical load.

I think trying the upper relocaters may solve your issue.

kawimoto

Any luck solving this issue? I'm currently in the same dilemma with my pr44. If only they'd of welded the bracket up against the outboard side of the coil perch.... it sucks spending this much on a front axle just to be still hunting for solutions

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Any luck solving this issue? I'm currently in the same dilemma with my pr44. If only they'd of welded the bracket up against the outboard side of the coil perch.... it sucks spending this much on a front axle just to be still hunting for solutions

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm considering the bolt on coil overs and also have a PR44 - what issue are you having?

Top Bottom