PRESS RELEASE: Rugged Ridge JK Aluminum Hood Latches

chamberlin

Could use a Tuffy hood lock or something simular to lock the hood at the latch in front of the radiator.

Yup that's what I use, and it's nice since you can key them to match the other Tuffy storage products. I am however looking forward to these RR latches though (in black). Hoping they will fit with my Bushwacker pocket fenders.

heybob

Yup that's what I use, and it's nice since you can key them to match the other Tuffy storage products. I am however looking forward to these RR latches though (in black). Hoping they will fit with my Bushwacker pocket fenders.

I'm sure they will fit. I've got bushwacker flats and rugged ridge lights and there are no fit issues. These are slightly wider than stock but not enough to really mess with anything. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362184047.121324.jpg

chamberlin

I'm sure they will fit. I've got bushwacker flats and rugged ridge lights and there are no fit issues. These are slightly wider than stock but not enough to really mess with anything.

I hope so, because the Bushwacker pocket style fenders are not compatible with some other style aftermarket latches. The pocket fenders ride higher than normal:

1362186028921.jpg

heybob

Yeah these are slightly wider but not down ways. Lol if that made any sense. I was also worried about fit with the lights but took the plunge because they'd be easy to unload at my club.

chamberlin

Oh gheezh, I just realized that you actually have them installed! I didn't think they were available yet...I checked the quadratech site not too long ago and didn't see them...

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Oh gheezh, I just realized that you actually have them installed! I didn't think they were available yet...I checked the quadratech site not too long ago and didn't see them...

The latches are now available on 4wheelparts.com and Quadratech. There is also a place selling them on e-bay. 4wheel and Quad have them listed for $98 and some change.

Here is a quick write up with good pics on how to install them. It might give you a better idea on fit.

Cheers! :beer:

chamberlin

Just wanted to chime in and say that I finally got a set of these in black as I mentioned previously. However, I wanted to let everyone know that if you have the bushwacker pocket fenders, that these hinges will NOT fit without significant dremel work. I also had to break off the 2 cast alignment fingers on the latches to get them to drop in. Took me about 2 hours to do the first latch, trying to find ways around things and trying to avoid cutting the fenders....but once I made the commitment to cut and also modify the lower mounting block, things went OK. With a an actual plan, I was able to do the other side in less than 20 minutes. I'll post some pics of them installed when I have the courage to show off my hack job! I'll also go cross-post this message over to the DIY as well, since that thread probably gets more traffic...

jeeeep

Hooked
installed these - they are wider and wasn't sure about the overall size but now that they've been on there a couple of weeks they look good.
they latch pretty easy and was worried about them possibly unlatching but no issues at all. :thumb:

Hack12

They're great latches. I've had them for almost a year now and I haven't had hood flutter since.

Absolutely. It was great to drive down 95 today and not have my heart fall into my stomach at every strong crosswind!

Also, great to see another Rhode Island Wayalifer! :thumb:

Top Bottom