Premium JK Instrument Cluster (with the EVIC)

WxNerd2015

I am looking to find a premium EVIC wrangler instrument cluster for the JK! Preferably one from a '13 or '14, but '11 to present would work! Let me know!

JeepJeep75

Pretty sure you will need to go to the dealer to get the main computer flashed to work with the newer cluster. Also it might not even plug into the wire harness in the dash. Also at some point in those model years Chrysler went from a low speed CANbus system to a high speed. This might not be a plug-and-play deal here. You should give this a shot though. You might pioneer a new upgrade that many would enjoy. There was a guy on here that did a ton of research into upgrading the radios and what works and what doesn't. Maybe you can do the same for the cluster gauges, but it sounds like you will be the first. Good luck.

I'm interested in how this plays out also. I have an early 2012 that had the 2011 cluster. I see people that have later model 2012's that have larger numbers in the display.

Pretty sure you will need to go to the dealer to get the main computer flashed to work with the newer cluster. Also it might not even plug into the wire harness in the dash. Also at some point in those model years Chrysler went from a low speed CANbus system to a high speed. This might not be a plug-and-play deal here. You should give this a shot though. You might pioneer a new upgrade that many would enjoy. There was a guy on here that did a ton of research into upgrading the radios and what works and what doesn't. Maybe you can do the same for the cluster gauges, but it sounds like you will be the first. Good luck.

OP is the same guy

WxNerd2015

Yeah, the radio upgrade stuff was me, but no worries. And I would absolutely do another write up if I am able to figure this out like I did the radio write up. (If ya check out my build page, I have a bunch of write ups like that for stuff! ;) ) I do know that all the canbus systems in the Wranglers are high speed. But yeah, no one seems to have done it from this model year, so I am trying to get and understand as much as I can about this! And I was hoping just on an off chance maybe I could score one cheaper than the full price from the dealer!

Last edited:
Top Bottom