PR60 (Hard Core package) hydro assist

rockwell

I'd have to agree. If the budget is there, now would be a good time to have an EVO high steer system installed.

I’ve looked at the EVO high steer and there was a disclaimer that it should only be installed by an expert. It looked pretty strait forward but the disclaimer made me wonder if it wasn’t as strait forward as it appears, is there anything about it that is above the average DIY’er?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

I’ve looked at the EVO high steer and there was a disclaimer that it should only be installed by an expert. It looked pretty strait forward but the disclaimer made me wonder if it wasn’t as strait forward as it appears, is there anything about it that is above the average DIY’er?

It’s a steering component so they kinda have to put that in there. Litigation driven statement.

Benito

Caught the Bug
What was their reasoning behind that? I have seen the highsteer done w/ bolt-on coilovers and is an option i am considering for my hardcore PR60, I am also considering getting a custom skid done by Exodus Jeeps. That’s a shame about the issues you have ran into with your set, i also had to grind out the control arm brackets to clear the adjustment nuts on the Evo arms, and i haven’t bent my tierod but it has started to flop whenever i steer.

Got the Evo Highsteer installed by Exodus Jeeps, set up looks great! the jeep was actually at Bubbas shop when this was posted!

The UD60s can use the aftermarket JK tie rods, but they are too long for the PR60 that is in the Hardcore package. Just go highsteer!

Oh yeah?[emoji23]

Oh yeah !!

A few pictures, there are more posted in my build thread! the work done by Exodus Jeeps is top notch and customer service was excellent, kept me updated throughout the install and was upfront about everything!

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

Marine01

I am in the market for a set of 1-ton axles and like many am doing my research before dropping $12-16K on a set of axles. I may be unique, but that is a lot of money for me and I don't take spending that kind of money lightly. I have been reading about the UD60, RockJock 60VXR / 70, and the Dynatrac ProRock setups. I did run the ProRock 60's years ago on my 2007 JKUR but these were the high pinion rear setup with semi-float (it has been several years).

I will note that on these I had to custom fabricate a RAM mount (nothing provided) as well as something to raise the track bar mounting location as it was VERY low from dynatrac. I had a few issues with leaking seals but that was all covered under warrantee by Dynatrac and all-in-all I was decently satisfied with my purchase.

However, over the last 8-10 years many folks have really stepped up their game in regards to building their axles and I am very torn at this point. I have discounted the UD60 axles due to the poor track bar bracket and spinning tubes in the pumpkin I have seen. That leaves the Currie RockJock axle and the Dynatrac. For me I would be getting the 60VXR or the XD60 setup at a minimum.

Does anyone have pictures of the RAM mount and steering setup on the XD60? If it is located like this "cheaper" ProRock60 my decision will be much easier. Looking at the VXR60 the ram mount is located above the tie rod mount and I am intrigued by the tilted differential cover and the rock sliding clearance that seems to provide.

Anyone have an experience or advice on the XD60 compared to the VXR60?

Benito

Caught the Bug
I am in the market for a set of 1-ton axles and like many am doing my research before dropping $12-16K on a set of axles. I may be unique, but that is a lot of money for me and I don't take spending that kind of money lightly. I have been reading about the UD60, RockJock 60VXR / 70, and the Dynatrac ProRock setups. I did run the ProRock 60's years ago on my 2007 JKUR but these were the high pinion rear setup with semi-float (it has been several years).

I will note that on these I had to custom fabricate a RAM mount (nothing provided) as well as something to raise the track bar mounting location as it was VERY low from dynatrac. I had a few issues with leaking seals but that was all covered under warrantee by Dynatrac and all-in-all I was decently satisfied with my purchase.

However, over the last 8-10 years many folks have really stepped up their game in regards to building their axles and I am very torn at this point. I have discounted the UD60 axles due to the poor track bar bracket and spinning tubes in the pumpkin I have seen. That leaves the Currie RockJock axle and the Dynatrac. For me I would be getting the 60VXR or the XD60 setup at a minimum.

Does anyone have pictures of the RAM mount and steering setup on the XD60? If it is located like this "cheaper" ProRock60 my decision will be much easier. Looking at the VXR60 the ram mount is located above the tie rod mount and I am intrigued by the tilted differential cover and the rock sliding clearance that seems to provide.

The ram mounts on the XD60(elite set) underneath the tierod like it is on the PR60(hardcore set) but bottom is above the axle tube. The ram is high enough that you can install an EVO high steer skid (EVO-1086), without having to install the tracbar bracket and ram tabs that come in the kit, you will also have to shorten the skid so that it only protects the ram and doesn’t interfere with the tierod. In other words, it would be a custom install on the axle with modifications required but it’s a starting point. just wheeled with a friend that has this exact set up and has worked out really well for him

dillard09

You can get the XD60 with the regular prorock knuckles instead of the 1550 knuckles. That way you can do the full evo hi steer with the ram mounted to the knuckle.
Or just have a tierod and drag link made and do the evo skid like Benito is talking about. Here is a friends setup he has. IMG_2202.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

devwil68

I’m searching for some of the same info regarding the XD vs VXR and now I’m curious about the fusion 60 as well.

RSQCON

I’m searching for some of the same info regarding the XD vs VXR and now I’m curious about the fusion 60 as well.
I would say the Fusion package is right up there with either of those and their tie rod/drag link that is included in their package is better than anything Currie or Dynatrac offers. I would gladly sell my Hardcore 60/60 package to run Fusions axles...not that I am unhappy but it's a great product.

Great questions. When we engineered the 1550LT wheelends for the Dynatrac ProRock XD60, we wanted to have the highest tie rod position without requiring an additional hi-steer kit or the need to notch the frame for clearance. The tie rod centerline is 2.4 inches above the axle centerline.

ProRock-XD60-CAD.jpg

The ram is also mounted higher, and we used CAD modeling and real-world testing to make sure that the steering gear, steering knuckle stops and hydraulic ram assist stroke are synchronized to reach max travel simultaneously. This significantly reduces the bending forces and stress at maximum steering wheel travel.

Another big difference with the 1550LT wheelends on the ProRock XD60 is the steering geometry. It delivers tighter turns, less locker bind and reduced on all of the steering components, including the steering box. Wayalife did a video that shows the details and explains the improvements very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGhmWfcO-0

RSQCON

After much thought and deliberation I ended up with the Fusion4x4 tie rod and drag link. They use 2.5 ton cartridge ends from Rare Parts. By the looks of it the ends appear to be identical to Currie's modular extreme duty series. The 7075 is solid aluminum. I will be testing these out up on the Rubicon and Fordyce in the coming weeks. Ultimately I ended up not doing a hi steer setup as it seemed cost prohibitive. In addition it would require me to run heim joints which I do not care for.

Attachments

• 37031084_1813783735366162_3080264765604364288_o.jpg
    37031084_1813783735366162_3080264765604364288_o.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 165

wjtstudios

Hooked
After much thought and deliberation I ended up with the Fusion4x4 tie rod and drag link. They use 2.5 ton cartridge ends from Rare Parts. By the looks of it the ends appear to be identical to Currie's modular extreme duty series. The 7075 is solid aluminum. I will be testing these out up on the Rubicon and Fordyce in the coming weeks. Ultimately I ended up not doing a hi steer setup as it seemed cost prohibitive. In addition it would require me to run heim joints which I do not care for.

Post up your thoughts after the run. I’ve had 0 issues with mine.

BaddestCross

If they're using Rare Parts, they're probably bulletproof. I've been running their ball joints for about a year and around 24k miles and they're still as solid as the day I installed them. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom