Please help ! Front and rear differential fluid question ?

cvsnowboarder

Hi everyone, my name is Genna and I’m new to this site. I have just purchased a new to me 2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. After watching Eddie’s You Tube videos , I took it upon myself to change both my front and rear diffs. I have the anti-spin differential rear axle and a 3rd. Gen Dana 44 HD Rear axle ( I’m not sure what front diff I have ). I used Royal Purple 75W-90 Synthetic gear oil on both diffs. Is that fluid okay? Do I need to add that additive to both diffs? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my name is Genna and I’m new to this site. I have just purchased a new to me 2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. After watching Eric’s You Tube videos , I took it upon myself to change both my front and rear diffs. I have the anti-spin differential rear axle and a 3rd. Gen Dana 44 HD Rear axle ( I’m not sure what front diff I have ). I used Royal Purple 75W-90 Synthetic gear oil on both diffs. Is that fluid okay? Do I need to add that additive to both diffs? Thanks
Synthetic fluid has friction modifier in it. You will be fine. 👍🏻

Nice work! The first time you do stuff like that it can be intimidating. Sounds like you killed it! If you got any oil on your axle or drive way spray it down with Simple Green. That stuffs like magic.

Thanks you. I’m trying to do as many maintenance tasks that I feel comfortable doing . After I change my transfer case oil , I want to extract both the brake fluid and power steering fluid as well. I wish I knew what alternative fluids can be used besides the Mopar brand ?
Awesome! No better way to learn than just doing it. I would say unless you have a reason for changing the power steering fluid or brake fluid (debris/contaminated), It's not a must to completely drain. Just maintaining proper levels is all you really need on those. But by all means, if you really want to do it, don't let me stop you LOL

Thanks you. I’m trying to do as many maintenance tasks that I feel comfortable doing . After I change my transfer case oil , I want to extract both the brake fluid and power steering fluid as well. I wish I knew what alternative fluids can be used besides the Mopar brand ?
https://www.wayalife.com/threads/jl-stock-tech-specs-index.44166/

@wayalife has done a bang up job cataloguing all types of technical specs for us to use in the thread linked above. I’ve referred back to it regularly in the past 4 years for torque and fluid information

Last edited:
Top Bottom