Pintler wheel issue

Snsrubicon

Ok so I have AEV pintler wheels ok my jk. I picked them up used but in perfect cond, well one cracked in the spoke area, I am now reading this is very common, I do play in my jeep but I don't abuse it at all, and you can see the rim is straight and really only has a few scratches, they say the will replace them if they crack but since I did not buy them new what are my chances,,,

Ok so I have AEV pintler wheels ok my jk. I picked them up used but in perfect cond, well one cracked in the spoke area, I am now reading this is very common, I do play in my jeep but I don't abuse it at all, and you can see the rim is straight and really only has a few scratches, they say the will replace them if they crack but since I did not buy them new what are my chances,,,

worth a shot...it shouldn't matter if there was a defect

most warranties are for original owners with proof of purchase. I love how Pintlars look but have read too many of these failure stories to get a set.

Pintler wheels

most warranties are for original owners with proof of purchase. I love how Pintlars look but have read too many of these failure stories to get a set.

Yes I am reading a lot of issues now with these, have a friend that has 3 sets he is worried. He said there was a bad batch out there I guess I was just lucky to find them

Pintler wheels

Ok so called AEV today, was told to take a picture of the wheels and send it to them, also,talked to a local shop who,said they have had 11 other issues with these wheels. So this is my issue. They know these rims are a problem and when I asked if maybe a recall on them is something they might do the answer was why...so if my family and I are driving and the rims comes apart and we get hurt is that when they will do something...bothers me that a company called American expedition gets there rims not in America ? And really does not care about the customer...maybe I am being a little over protective but it's not impossible for this to happen...also this is not a old rim issue I here, new 2012 AEV jeep all 4 were bad... It's still a issue I guess. I hope they come to there senses. Because I will not be putting these rims back on and I don't think I could sell them to someone with out feeling I am no better then they are, I will sleep better if I just send them back to the company, seems they will have no issues putting them on someone's jeep

When they first came out with wheels they said they weren't getting them made in America. It's super expensive especially if it's not your main business.

When they first came out with wheels they said they weren't getting them made in America. It's super expensive especially if it's not your main business.

Yeah, the wheels are already a little over $200 each, can't imagine what they'd cost if they were made in the states

Top Bottom