Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Brute

Hooked
This pertains to fisherfolk…

I was fishing a section above Brooks Falls in AK a couple years ago when a planeload of asshats and ONE guide walk right through where I was swinging a streamer…my guide almost blew an artery in his neck.

I gave me great pleasure to hook a big bow right in front of them. It was the first and last time I fished Brooks…

jeeeep

Hooked
Uconnect over the air update Error code 20:
20231207_134224.jpg

What the hell, had an hour to kill so ran it...

20231207_150753.jpg

45 minutes! WTF....

20 minutes in, this wonderful message:

20231207_151636.jpg

Called Uconnect, they were about as helpful as tits on a gnat.

Other than it's a common error code, they instructed to take it to the dealer for resolution, no manual download/update available, dealer only "repair".

Asked since it was so common, if they knew the cause? no, just that it's a common issue 🤬

Asked if there would be a charge for this from the dealer... possibly, asked if it would be refunded... possibly ... worthless twits.

Called the dealer service, they were aware of Error code 20 updates but because I was out of warranty, $150 fucking diagnostic fee plus repair fee for something I did not cause! yeah, they could argue I ran the update but did not have a choice since the fucking Software Update message would not clear out and no option to ignore the fucking thing.

Luckily, my radio reverted back, Uconnect tech did say that sometimes the head unit gets stuck on the error window and bricks the head unit.
"Sometimes" disconnecting the battery will restore the head unit but mostly done as a measure to not completely drain both batteries until it can be taken to the dealer.

Maybe it's just me but if it's so common, a checklist of what to check should be available (I'm certain the dealership "diagnostics" uses this) and second, fucking scam to get dealer service more business.

Based on what very limited information is available, the common cause is it cannot find the head unit once the download/install attempt kick in, yeah.. the head unit it downloaded thru, cannot find itself; much like someone on acid and mushrooms touching themselves wondering if they are real with their hyperaware skin sensations.

Also, I no longer use the useless POS Uconnect since it never worked well even when standing a few feet from the Jeep, their App was a pile of shit, press the lock doors and 2-3 minutes later I would hear the doors lock and at times they would not lock at all and the app would confirm doors locked, pile of shit...

I'm wondering if not removing the Tazer may have something to do with it. MAYBE, I will remove the Tazer and try again IF I get prompted to update again; try again because of fucking OCD.

Is it clear I'm pretty fucking pissed off for this colossal waste of time and fuckery? :ROFLMAO:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 399005

View attachment 399006

45 minutes! WTF....

View attachment 399007

Other than it's a common error code, they instructed to take it to the dealer for resolution, no manual download/update available, dealer only "repair".

Asked since it was so common, if they knew the cause? no, just that it's a common issue 🤬

Asked if there would be a charge for this from the dealer... possibly, asked if it would be refunded... possibly ... worthless twits.

Called the dealer service, they were aware of Error code 20 updates but because I was out of warranty, $150 fucking diagnostic fee plus repair fee for something I did not cause! yeah, they could argue I ran the update but did not have a choice since the fucking Software Update message would not clear out and no option to ignore the fucking thing.

Luckily, my radio reverted back, Uconnect tech did say that sometimes the head unit gets stuck on the error window and bricks the head unit.
"Sometimes" disconnecting the battery will restore the head unit but mostly done as a measure to not completely drain both batteries until it can be taken to the dealer.

Maybe it's just me but if it's so common, a checklist of what to check should be available (I'm certain the dealership "diagnostics" uses this) and second, fucking scam to get dealer service more business.

Based on what very limited information is available, the common cause is it cannot find the head unit once the download/install attempt kick in, yeah.. the head unit it downloaded thru, cannot find itself; much like someone on acid and mushrooms touching themselves wondering if they are real with their hyperaware skin sensations.

Also, I no longer use the useless POS Uconnect since it never worked well even when standing a few feet from the Jeep, their App was a pile of shit, press the lock doors and 2-3 minutes later I would hear the doors lock and at times they would not lock at all and the app would confirm doors locked, pile of shit...

I'm wondering if not removing the Tazer may have something to do with it. MAYBE, I will remove the Tazer and try again IF I get prompted to update again; try again because of fucking OCD.

Is it clear I'm pretty fucking pissed off for this colossal waste of time and fuckery? :ROFLMAO:
I love the diag fee. You can go in and tell them exactly what it is and they still charge you. I had the oil pump go out on mine which they told me it might be going out the time prior. I told them it’s the oil pump and the code it was throwing. $150 for us to diagnose. Like you already did last time and I told you! So dumb.

Bierpower

Hooked
View attachment 399005

View attachment 399006

45 minutes! WTF....

View attachment 399007

This type of thing makes me happy to still have a JK.

View attachment 399005

View attachment 399006

45 minutes! WTF....

View attachment 399007

Uconnect is a total POS company.

DaJudge

Found a new driving pet peeve that I'm suddenly seeing a lot of around me lately... people driving well under the speed limit on single lane rural state highway (like around 45-50 in a 55, on a road where most typically drive 65+); which is annoying but somewhat common... but then the pet peeve part... come into a town where the speed limit drops to 35 then 25, and that same person continues at the same exact speed; sometimes even passing people that are now in front of them because they slowed down. I don't get it... they have their speeding priorities totally backwards, lol.
This is so common I hardly think about it anymore. People are truly zoned out. They don't know what the speed limit is and they aren't paying any attention to the road, the signs, the weather, the traffic....

So this is a pet peeve of mine. When people reach out to me or even come up to me in person, tell me how much they trust what I have to say, ask a question and then follow it up with, "but people say..." or "but I read on the internet..." or "I've seen other videos..." or some other bullshit like that.
Back when I used to do IT support, I always had people come to me and ask what computer they should buy, what software they should use, etc. After many of them came back to me complaining about the POS they bought instead of what I recommended I just told people to shove it. 😂 Sombiches!

matt

Caught the Bug
Modern automotive climate controls that switch from "recirc" to "vent" when you want a specific setting. I for the life of me cant understand why if forces fresh air when you dont want it.

matt

Caught the Bug
So this is a pet peeve of mine. When people reach out to me or even come up to me in person, tell me how much they trust what I have to say, ask a question and then follow it up with, "but people say..." or "but I read on the internet..." or "I've seen other videos..." or some other bullshit like that.
Guilty as charged.

I can only speak for myself so when I do this its because im trying to learn as much as I can about a particular topic so I'll ask "hey why do people say xxxx". IMHO knowing "why not" to do something is as important as "why"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guilty as charged.

I can only speak for myself so when I do this its because im trying to learn as much as I can about a particular topic so I'll ask "hey why do people say xxxx". IMHO knowing "why not" to do something is as important as "why"
LOL - nothing wrong with wanting to know more about whatever and if that's what you're hoping to do, to learn something, just say as much. As in, "hey, I hear people say xxxx" and "I'd like to get your take on it".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's a real pet peeve of mine. As a lot of you know, Cindy and I spend a LOT of time driving long distances on 2-lane highways and well into the night. And, while it bugs me to no end that people hang on to their high beams until they're a hundred feet in front of me and ONLY turn them off after I flash them for the third time, what really really pisses me off is when they turn their high beams back ON and when they're just 10 feet in front of me. Like, somehow, they're past the point of where their frickin lights wouldn't blind the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Okay, here's a real pet peeve of mine. As a lot of you know, Cindy and I spend a LOT of time driving long distances on 2-lane highways and well into the night. And, while it bugs me to no end that people hang on to their high beams until they're a hundred feet in front of me and ONLY turn them off after I flash them for the third time, what really really pisses me off is when they turn their high beams back ON and when they're just 10 feet in front of me. Like, somehow, they're past the point of where their frickin lights wouldn't blind the hell out of me.
I hate it when people do this too! It happens way too often on my way home from work…

Yep, I find that people just don’t give a shit anymore. Most don’t even bother turning them off it seems. I’ve even seen a few pickups around here running a small light bar as fogs on the highway.

Top Bottom