Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

JessL

Caught the Bug
Long ago back when you could buy an XJ off the show room floor, I had a buddy who kept a bag of marbles hanging from his Harley’s handlebars. I always wondered what it was for, until one day we had a truck tailgating us on the highway. He took off ahead of the truck a ways and he reached into his bag and pulled a marble out and looked over at me with an evil grin (I was beside him on my bike). He hit the brakes hard and he lobbed that clear marble up in the air across over his head and as the truck barreled through between us *BAM* that marble smashed into the windshield of the truck, obliterating the marble, but leaving a dime-sized smashed circle in the windshield. Genius Delinquent.

Last edited:

JT@623

Hooked
Long ago back when you could buy an XJ off the show room floor, I had a buddy who kept a bag of marbles hanging from his Harley’s handlebars. I always wondered what it was for, until one day we had a truck tailgating us on the highway. He took off ahead of the truck a ways and he reached into his bag and pulled a marble out and looked over at me with an evil grin (I was beside him on my bike). He hit the brakes hard and he lobbed that clear marble up in the air across over his head and as the truck barreled through between us *BAM* that marble smashed into the windshield of the truck, obliterating the marble, but leaving a dime-sized smashed circle in the windshield. Genius Delinquent.
I used to carry ball bearings

WJCO

Meme King
Went to pay taxes online last week. IRS payment online doesn't even have a drop down option for 2022 year to click on. Guess 80 billion isn't enough to update a website that they already have. Of course they pounded into our heads that the money was going towards better technology and customer service. Good thing they've begun to spend millions on weapons and tactical gear though:

rumshcawheely

The dude driving the lifted 1-ton usually Ford or Chevy traveling at Mach 1 on the hwy, wiping out visibility in all 4 lanes while doing so.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
People who try to pass really really slowly on a 2-lane highway, over solid lines and to the point where they force on-coming traffic to drive in to the shoulder to avoid a head on collision! Just saw this happen right in front of me on the 395 - AGAIN!! And of course, the dumbfuck was from California.

Oh, did I mention, California drivers piss me off!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When you're at Walmart and the computers go down so everyone has to get checked out the old fashion way - with a check out clerk. Only, the clerks have no idea what they're doing because they've never had to do it before. Of course, this leads to ungodly lines of the likes you've never seen before.

This just happened to me a couple of days ago. It was a shitshow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really old people who still write checks at the grocery store.
OMG - THIS ^^^^^

And it's always little old ladies that wait until the very last minute to open up their purse, pull out their check book and then carefully write - in long hand, the store, the amount and signature in lovely penmanship all taking about half an hour to do!!! Of course, then they have log it in and carefully put everything neatly away in their purse before they can move on. GAH!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
People who try to pass really really slowly on a 2-lane highway, over solid lines and to the point where they force on-coming traffic to drive in to the shoulder to avoid a head on collision! Just saw this happen right in front of me on the 395 - AGAIN!! And of course, the dumbfuck was from California.

Oh, did I mention, California drivers piss me off!!
Saw some dude doing this yesterday just to get one or two cars ahead and for no reason.

Aceisback

Hooked
I hope some of y’all remember your words when you’re old, crippled, and disabled. At least they’re/we’re not throwing in the towel and giving up. Still trying to have a functional life.
Really if your elders irritate you that much you don’t even have to leave your house. Amazon, UPS, FedEx, etc are at your service.🤷‍♂️

JimLee

Hooked
I hope some of y’all remember your words when you’re old, crippled, and disabled. At least they’re/we’re not throwing in the towel and giving up. Still trying to have a functional life.
Really if your elders irritate you that much you don’t even have to leave your house. Amazon, UPS, FedEx, etc are at your service.🤷‍♂️
I do believe you are being a little overly sensitive there buddy. It's not like we are throwing shit at them and yelling obscenities in the store. It's just irritating when there is a much quicker option available to anyone with a checking account.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do believe you are being a little overly sensitive there buddy. It's not like we are throwing shit at them and yelling obscenities in the store. It's just irritating when there is a much quicker option available to anyone with a checking account.
What JimLee said and I would even go a step further and say that I tried to throw in a little humor at the whole thing. As in, it's a pet peeve but kind of funny at the same time.

Lighten up, we're just shooting the shit on the internet (y)

Top Bottom