Perfect Blink-182 Set

Been listening to Coachella sets. Getting excited to see them in SD this summer. Looks like tour starts tomorrow.

Took 10 minutes and wrote up my ideal set.

Thoughts? Counters? Anyone got a better set? Doesn’t have to be realistic song choices. Does have to be realistic length…

Pathetic
Online songs
Going away to college
What’s my age again
Lemmings
Boring
Wasting time
Carousel
Give me one good reason
Aliens exist
Stay together for the kids
Untitled
Wendy Clear
Go
Anthem
Man overboard
Mutt

Encore:
Elevator (Box Car Racer)
Touchdown Boy

Woah. See you at the SD show! I'm going June 20th.

Haha I thought they were great, awesome comeback... again. Tom seems to be trying harder to sound like his older self or at least in his mannerism. I still love his Boxcar and AVA stuff but can't beat og Blink from Cheshire Cat to the Untitled album really.

I'm a die hard Blink 182 fan and like each and every one of their songs, so it's too hard for me make a set without being pissed I left a good one out. I pre-ordered my ticket and got the 20th before the 19th in SD became a thing because of the demand, which day you going?

jeeeep

Hooked
I thought I was preordering, but they must have had a pre-preorder around here.
By the time I got access, every ticket is resale and while I'm a fan, no way I'm paying 100+ to sit off angle from backstage or 300+ to sit upper level.

Old rocking out to old in public, if I had my 90's hair to pull off the fohawk again.... nah, we'll leave those days behind. I'll crank up the audio in the Jeep lol

Woah. See you at the SD show! I'm going June 20th.

Haha I thought they were great, awesome comeback... again. Tom seems to be trying harder to sound like his older self or at least in his mannerism. I still love his Boxcar and AVA stuff but can't beat og Blink from Cheshire Cat to the Untitled album really.

I'm a die hard Blink 182 fan and like each and every one of their songs, so it's too hard for me make a set without being pissed I left a good one out. I pre-ordered my ticket and got the 20th before the 19th in SD became a thing because of the demand, which day you going?

Nice man, yea I’m right there with you on being a die hard fan. I’ve definitely gone off the deep end with their material over the years. From Urethra Chronicles to the mark Tom and Travis show and all their studio albums…and yea unfortunately I’m one of the slow ones who had to get ticks for 6/19!

I thought I was preordering, but they must have had a pre-preorder around here.
By the time I got access, every ticket is resale and while I'm a fan, no way I'm paying 100+ to sit off angle from backstage or 300+ to sit upper level.

Old rocking out to old in public, if I had my 90's hair to pull off the fohawk again.... nah, we'll leave those days behind. I'll crank up the audio in the Jeep lol

I hear you man, I’ve never seen them before and definitely overpaid for tix. Figured this will likely be the only time ill be in the pit at a blink show in Southern California, so ima send it🤙

On the other hand, if they get a good rhythm going and have consistent and decently priced shows over the next 10 years, I might get on board…like how NoFX gets around…I see those guys semi often

Nice man, yea I’m right there with you on being a die hard fan. I’ve definitely gone off the deep end with their material over the years. From Urethra Chronicles to the mark Tom and Travis show and all their studio albums…and yea unfortunately I’m one of the slow ones who had to get ticks for 6/19!
Oh yeah same here. I've even been to the exact Sombrero Mexican Food in Carmel Mountain that they reference in Josie from Dude Ranch (they occasionally hang up some memorabilia there), been to the studio where they recorded Dude Ranch and Enema of the state in Rancho Santa Fe, and even driven past Tom's house he grew up in Poway, which he signed the walls of with the permission of its new owner. The show in their hometown is gonna be wild, too bad I'll miss ya. Oh, this also happened a while back in Encinitas where Tom currently lives now... Pretty fricken rad.
IMG_20220517_163952_040.jpg
IMG_20220517_160836_774.jpg

Oh yeah same here. I've even been to the exact Sombrero Mexican Food in Carmel Mountain that they reference in Josie from Dude Ranch (they occasionally hang up some memorabilia there), been to the studio where they recorded Dude Ranch and Enema of the state in Rancho Santa Fe, and even driven past Tom's house he grew up in Poway, which he signed the walls of with the permission of its new owner. The show in their hometown is gonna be wild, too bad I'll miss ya. Oh, this also happened a while back in Encinitas where Tom currently lives now... Pretty fricken rad.
View attachment 388884
View attachment 388885

Brings me Mexican food from sombrero, just because…..

Haha, I’m jealous. Very rad…

duktrx

Back in June of 2004, they toured with No Doubt; it was the best of both worlds; I got my wife tickets for her birthday, and we both got to see bands we liked. It was in a small amphitheater, and somehow I managed to score third-row tickets center stage; both set lists were solid.

NevadaJohnny

Been listening to Coachella sets. Getting excited to see them in SD this summer. Looks like tour starts tomorrow.

Took 10 minutes and wrote up my ideal set.

Thoughts? Counters? Anyone got a better set? Doesn’t have to be realistic song choices. Does have to be realistic length…

Pathetic
Online songs
Going away to college
What’s my age again
Lemmings
Boring
Wasting time
Carousel
Give me one good reason
Aliens exist
Stay together for the kids
Untitled
Wendy Clear
Go
Anthem
Man overboard
Mutt

Encore:
Elevator (Box Car Racer)
Touchdown Boy
That's a great set. It'd be too difficult for me to come up with one, too many good songs. Blink is the one band I've loved (since EotS), but never seen live. Those guys helped shape my high school years.

Back in June of 2004, they toured with No Doubt; it was the best of both worlds; I got my wife tickets for her birthday, and we both got to see bands we liked. It was in a small amphitheater, and somehow I managed to score third-row tickets center stage; both set lists were solid.

That sounds tight. Definitely a great era for blink…Jesus that was 20 years ago🫠

Seems like Tom has been pulling it together with his vocals this time around with Blink…

I get that he can’t / doesn’t want to sing like he did on early albums, but if you listen to like Japan 2003, it sounds like he intentionally wasn’t trying or something…rough…

Seems like his heart is back in Blink for the first time in a long time…

Seems like Tom has been pulling it together with his vocals this time around with Blink…

I get that he can’t / doesn’t want to sing like he did on early albums, but if you listen to like Japan 2003, it sounds like he intentionally wasn’t trying or something…rough…

Seems like his heart is back in Blink for the first time in a long time…
Well he also used to get wasted before every show 😂

Top Bottom