Peddle Commander vrs. superchip pros and cons?

Robert2ch

I am new member to this site and I am looking for recommendations from people who have ran both Pedal commander and superchip.

Currently I am running a 2011 3.8 stock JKU Sahara however on the trails I have noticed it is hard for me to control the amount of gas it seems to be to much or to little. I am trying to determine if pedal commander is the way to go or just bite the bullet if superchip trail - amp d would be the best bang for my dollar to where if I end up upgrading gears and tires I would not have to be buying something else down the road. My plan is to upgrade little by little.

Also if I can control the idiot TPMs light that would be another bonus. Any bells and whistles that go off concerns my passengers. I think most will understand what I am getting at. :)

Thank you in advance I look forward to hear others experiences.
Robert Blattler

BaddestCross

Best way to control the gas offroad is to drive with two feet... Left foot on the brake controlling your movement while giving constant gas with your right.

As far as the lights, I use a Flashpaq, but there are cheaper solutions if you don't need all the tuning capabilities. There's even an app for your phone now that seems to be working pretty well for some members.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jeeeep

Hooked
I am new member to this site and I am looking for recommendations from people who have ran both Pedal commander and superchip.

Currently I am running a 2011 3.8 stock JKU Sahara however on the trails I have noticed it is hard for me to control the amount of gas it seems to be to much or to little. I am trying to determine if pedal commander is the way to go or just bite the bullet if superchip trail - amp d would be the best bang for my dollar to where if I end up upgrading gears and tires I would not have to be buying something else down the road. My plan is to upgrade little by little.

Also if I can control the idiot TPMs light that would be another bonus. Any bells and whistles that go off concerns my passengers. I think most will understand what I am getting at. :)

Thank you in advance I look forward to hear others experiences.
Robert Blattler

I have both on my JK and would not buy the Pedal Commander again. It does make the throttle more touchy and quicker to respond but IMO not worth the $$$

The Pedal Commander is not recommended for off-road use, in their instructions it states to turn it off when off road. After playing with the settings I can see why they say to turn it off on the trail.

At it highest/fastest setting I chirped my 37's and thought I had snapped a DS u-joint, it also made my JK too quick to "jump" barely touching the pedal.

With the pedal response quicker and at the highest setting too quick, I could see it being the cause of snapped parts or worse.

All it adjusts is the pedal, nothing more. I found only one useful setting as a daily driver, all other settings are pretty much null for my use.

For trail use and useful adjustments I would get the Superchips or similar. Then as you have stated, as you upgrade you've got the tool to make the adjustments needed for gears, tires, etc...

Robert2ch

I went with the superchip flashpaq PULSAR. Since I live in CA I could not get the Trail Paq. Where I can adjust everything.
I put it on my JKU 2016 Rubicon and it works great when I remember to check the settings. I am very happy with the setup and Have done several trails. The last trail I did was the Rubicon and what an experience. I am so glad I went with Jeep Jamboree USA they did a great job hosting us.

BaddestCross

LOL - Only if you have an automatic. :D
I went with the superchip flashpaq PULSAR. Since I live in CA I could not get the Trail Paq. Where I can adjust everything.
I put it on my JKU 2016 Rubicon and it works great when I remember to check the settings. I am very happy with the setup and Have done several trails. The last trail I did was the Rubicon and what an experience. I am so glad I went with Jeep Jamboree USA they did a great job hosting us.

Nice thread revival. 😎

MericaMade

I know this was revived but look into the Banks Pedal Monster. It's safety provisions are better in the event the pedal monster goes out it defaults back to a stock pedal versus others if they fail you lose your throttle completely.

I know this was revived but look into the Banks Pedal Monster. It's safety provisions are better in the event the pedal monster goes out it defaults back to a stock pedal versus others if they fail you lose your throttle completely.
Oh that’s fucking cute. Surrrrprise no pedal.

Top Bottom