PA & Doorless = $141.50 fine

MTG

Caught the Bug
Maybe officer Lewis will be too busy sucking on a bag of dicks to show up during your court date, and you'll get off (not as much as officer Lewis, but nevertheless)?

Sorry, just filling in for Overlander there.

Sucks that you live in the shitty east coast. I'd tell you to move to the west, but we are full. :thumb:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Maybe officer Lewis will be too busy sucking on a bag of dicks to show up during your court date, and you'll get off (not as much as officer Lewis, but nevertheless)?

Sorry, just filling in for Overlander there.

Sucks that you live in the shitty east coast. I'd tell you to move to the west, but we are full. :thumb:

That's only an issue in PA. We don't have that problem here in NJ. Last year I went through inspection with no doors and passed no questions ask.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's sucks. I thought that as long as the vehicle has a roll cage it was legal to drive without doors, as long as you have two rear facing mirrors ( which in your photo you did have).

Jsouder53

Hooked
That sucks! Sorry to hear that... I would fight it. I get that he is doing his job, but what about motorcycles not having doors, seatbelt, roof and at times no helmet? Do you need a motorcycle endorsement to run doorless and topless but with a seatbelt? Sounds safer already having a seatbelt!

jdofmemi

Sounds like you found a jealous dick for a cop.
That sucks

What about all the old CJs that many never had doors?

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Motorcycle to automobile comparison will cause judge to laugh ( if only internally or later on the golf course with buddies), find you guilty and move on.
Research the history/ reason for the law and any FCA disclaimers about operating a Jeep doorless and make your case. You may set a precedent that stops officer Lewis in his tracks.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
That sucks! Wouldn’t it make more sense to pull over the jackasses that are driving 90+ and the container haulers who have no trailer lights over instead???

Isn’t the right thing to do now days is start a protest?? I’m sure there are plenty of college age kids missing their “Crying room” now that school is out. JEEP LIFES MATTER! JEEP LIFES MATTER! Lol

jesse3638

Hooked
That sucks! Wouldn’t it make more sense to pull over the jackasses that are driving 90+ and the container haulers who have no trailer lights over instead???

Isn’t the right thing to do now days is start a protest?? I’m sure there are plenty of college age kids missing their “Crying room” now that school is out. JEEP LIFES MATTER! JEEP LIFES MATTER! Lol
Haha so true. JLM

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

Man that burns me up. Unless you were seen on a phone, speeding, bad record etc. then any reasonable cop should warn you that it's a violation you clearly didnt know and just be cool. Not hit you for $150 man. That's a lot of dough. Total dick. zvm1xay4ufh01.jpg

critter812

Wonder if you are coming in from out of state if they would nail you? I am planning to run up to RC in the next couple months from NC so think I need to dig further! They probably like nailing out of state people more!

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I would fight it. On the ticket he cited you 175.77e and his description was no doors. 175.77f pertains to doors. Seems to me maybe you could get out of it on a technicality. The way 175.77f reads to me that if you have no roof, you don’t have to have doors. I lived in State College for 10 years and never had a problem. Saw jeeps doorless all the time too. I’ve heard before that monroeville and York in SE PA can be real jerks about doorless jeeps.

Thanks so much for pointing that out. He did indeed reference a violation of 177.75e. That doesn’t seem applicable for doors.
IMG_8040.jpg
IMG_8041.jpg

Thanks so much for pointing that out. He did indeed reference a violation of 177.75e. That doesn’t seem applicable for doors.
View attachment 300735
View attachment 300736

It also looks like he wrote
“With cut doors”.
Not “ Without doors.
Look at the words with o’s on the ticket. He makes the full circle. In the word “cut” it is clearly a “c” not an “o”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom