Overland & Underpaid a WJ story...

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Sliders

I was looking at a bunch of the member build updates and remembered I forgot to post up my new rock sliders. They are form Goliath, same as the front bumper. They make the Jeep look just a little bit lower but not too bad. It's still higher than the lowests parts of the undercarriage.
I need to get an angle drill to make holes for the "frame" bolts. The pinch weld ones are done. I'll probably finish the install mid april when I have some time. After that I can take them in for powdercoat.

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Had the sliders powder coated and I installed them about a week ago. Pretty happy with how they turned out.
The front bump stops finally came off backorder so those are on there too.
And I got a couple of "Trail Ready" badges in bronze to sorta match the wheels. Jeep has these things in so many colors and I wanted something that looked nice on there but wasn't just black since I have a lot of that already. Might take it out for a ride this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15

FFPulley77

Hooked
So I started following this on the app about mid stream, but with the new operating system it put me back at the first post. I just went through the entire build and I’ve got to say, you’ve done an outstanding job taking your WJ from a run of the mill vehicle (albeit extremely clean for the age) to a badass ride! Just my humble opinion. Great job!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
So I started following this on the app about mid stream, but with the new operating system it put me back at the first post. I just went through the entire build and I’ve got to say, you’ve done an outstanding job taking your WJ from a run of the mill vehicle (albeit extremely clean for the age) to a badass ride! Just my humble opinion. Great job!
Thank you very much! It's almost done, but I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. LOL

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
One of my favorite WJ’s on here! Sliders look good!
Thank you very much. I was a little worried that they'd overhang with how much metal you have to remove to run the cutout fender flares, but they line up really nice. Hopefully they protect as good as they look!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I must have ordered my 1" Addco sway bar at the right time. We've been trying to get it since Christmas and it kept getting pushed back between 3 weeks and a month at a time.
Finally, about a week ago it suddenly showed in stock so I bought it immediately. Within about 2 days, it was out of stock again and now says june 12th... if that doesn't get pushed back more.
So the last piece of the suspension puzzle is on there. Probably close to twice as thick as the stock one, so it's very heavy duty.

While I was at it I also picked up a pair of Zone extended links for the sway bar to eliminate the extreme angle that was on it. I like them because they were made for my Jeep and have an offset built in to mimic the factory design. All the local places had stuff that was just straight up and down.
I was running the stock set up temporarily and it was ok on the street, but probably would have inverted with much extension off road.
Maybe someday I'll have time to drive it. LOL

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Very nice so you've been pretty happy with the Goliath products? I've read some mixed reviews on some of their bumpers.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Very nice so you've been pretty happy with the Goliath products? I've read some mixed reviews on some of their bumpers.
I have been happy overall and the quality is really good. I like the front bumper a lot , but I chose the sliders based on the fact that they are short enough to use with the cut-out flares. There are a couple of other brands that are just as good.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I must have ordered my 1" Addco sway bar at the right time. We've been trying to get it since Christmas and it kept getting pushed back between 3 weeks and a month at a time.
Finally, about a week ago it suddenly showed in stock so I bought it immediately. Within about 2 days, it was out of stock again and now says june 12th... if that doesn't get pushed back more.
So the last piece of the suspension puzzle is on there. Probably close to twice as thick as the stock one, so it's very heavy duty.

While I was at it I also picked up a pair of Zone extended links for the sway bar to eliminate the extreme angle that was on it. I like them because they were made for my Jeep and have an offset built in to mimic the factory design. All the local places had stuff that was just straight up and down.
I was running the stock set up temporarily and it was ok on the street, but probably would have inverted with much extension off road.
Maybe someday I'll have time to drive it. LOL
Have you ever had any odd clunking in the rear end? I installed the rear upper control arm with a new ball joint and bushings. I'm still getting a little bit of clunky in the rear. I have the Zone shocks all around and I've read some head issues with the shock bushings I've checked it seems pretty tight.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Have you ever had any odd clunking in the rear end? I installed the rear upper control arm with a new ball joint and bushings. I'm still getting a little bit of clunky in the rear. I have the Zone shocks all around and I've read some head issues with the shock bushings I've checked it seems pretty tight.
No, but pretty much everything was brand new under there. I did have some clunking in the front and that ended up being the jamb nut on the adjustable drag link and the upper sway bar link nuts had all worked loose. Tightened them back up and all clunks disappeared. It was a bit of a WTF moment because I had less than 100 miles on it.
I was checking through your thread and couldn't see the rear set up very well. Did you replace the upper and lower spring isolators? On the short arm lift, the axle would move forward and backwards as it goes up and down more. Potential for clunking there. Looked like you had new stuff up front to cushion the springs.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
No, but pretty much everything was brand new under there. I did have some clunking in the front and that ended up being the jamb nut on the adjustable drag link and the upper sway bar link nuts had all worked loose. Tightened them back up and all clunks disappeared. It was a bit of a WTF moment because I had less than 100 miles on it.
I was checking through your thread and couldn't see the rear set up very well. Did you replace the upper and lower spring isolators? On the short arm lift, the axle would move forward and backwards as it goes up and down more. Potential for clunking there. Looked like you had new stuff up front to cushion the springs.
Yup ass end has lower adjustables, new upper arm with bushings and ball joint, new coils, shocks, upper n lower isolators. I even just tried the lower bolts on shock replaced with 12m 1.75 75. Took it for a drive and still there.

Top Bottom