Our 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March 1- June 30th is here!

Ldogg

It sounds really good, I am just wondering what it's going to look like from the back with my bumper.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It sounds really good, I am just wondering what it's going to look like from the back with my bumper.

It comes with a tip but I didn't put it on. I can today for you for shits and giggles so you can maybe get an idea

Sent from my iPhone

I want to swap my stock exhaust but I am not sure which one to get. I have a two door and I have looked at the evolution and now the rockcrawler, but I also kinda like the dual exhaust look. Your new 39528 axle back system with dual tips looks pretty sweet. I think I may go that route.

39528 is really easy to install; the toughest part is the stock clamp. I personally like (and run) the "rockcrawler" system.

I love, and I mean LOVE my rock crawler exhaust. It's loud by not obnoxiously loud. Great throaty sound from the 3.8 and it doesn't drone at highway speeds. Well I should say I don't know if it does at highway speeds cause All I hear are my mud grapplers lol
Yep!

How hard is the install? I was looking at the dual 39528 and it sounds like it's not much louder then stock. The one you have has a tip right?

Not much louder than stock. About a 3-4 out of 10.

Don't forget the rebate. :)

Thanks! I am leaning towards the rock crawler version as I would like a nice rumble.

I drove 18+ hours one day and I could hear the exhaust when I got on it ( I can hear it whenever I get on it). I could also get it to drone too. I am on 37's 5.38. This was around 73 or so. I could drop down or go a bit faster and it would go away.
FYI

ghost13

Which part number you running? They make a rock crawler suspension version? Whats the difference? Between the 2? Anyone know? Thanks..... Exhaust looks and sounds great.....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Which part number you running? They make a rock crawler suspension version? Whats the difference? Between the 2? Anyone know? Thanks..... Exhaust looks and sounds great.....

The rock crawler exhaust has nothing to do with the suspension company. It's labeled that way because it's a high clearance design that goes over the rear axle and exits on the driver side out that back.

Sent from my iPhone

ghost13

No cozdude in the dynomax catalog they list the rock crawler exhaust a 523 and 524 one says with rock crawler type suspension. I was curious what the difference was? Maybe you notice this? I think it looks like the tail pipe may be longer. Not sure hard to determine in the catalog.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No cozdude in the dynomax catalog they list the rock crawler exhaust a 523 and 524 one says with rock crawler type suspension. I was curious what the difference was? Maybe you notice this? I think it looks like the tail pipe may be longer. Not sure hard to determine in the catalog.

My guess would be that it interferes with the 3 link design that rock crawler uses on some of there systems. But I haven't looked at it to know for sure.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

i have this exhaust on my jeep. its a high clearance pipe design over the rear axle. when they say rock crawler type suspension (i assume) they are saying that it is compatable with jeeps that have a lot of articulation. i dont have a rock krawler suspension, i have teraflex, and it fits like a glove.

this is what i have
http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-453.html
and here is the discription
“THE ORIGINAL” STAINLESS STEEL “ROCKCRAWLER” CAT-BACK SYSTEM
DynoMax® was first to market back in 2007 when the JK Wrangler hit the dirt with a true, hard-core based system built and engineered for those Jeep owners that were interested in a system that would give them great performance as well as clearance. While imitated and impersonated by our competitors, this original design from DynoMax has been tried, true, and trail tested by the best of them. Engineered strictly for your Wranglers performance in engine efficiency and ground clearance.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Gotcha thanks!

i added to my last post just in case you missed it. i provided it below

i have this exhaust on my jeep. its a high clearance pipe design over the rear axle. when they say rock crawler type suspension (i assume) they are saying that it is compatable with jeeps that have a lot of articulation. i dont have a rock krawler suspension, i have teraflex, and it fits like a glove.

this is what i have
http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-453.html
DynoMax® was first to market back in 2007 when the JK Wrangler hit the dirt with a true, hard-core based system built and engineered for those Jeep owners that were interested in a system that would give them great performance as well as clearance. While imitated and impersonated by our competitors, this original design from DynoMax has been tried, true, and trail tested by the best of them. Engineered strictly for your Wranglers performance in engine efficiency and ground clearance.

I am running the "rockcrawler" system for a 4 door (2013) P/N 39523

The rock crawler exhaust has nothing to do with the suspension company. It's labeled that way because it's a high clearance design that goes over the rear axle and exits on the driver side out that back.
Sent from my iPhone
Yep

My guess would be that it interferes with the 3 link design that rock crawler uses on some of there systems. But I haven't looked at it to know for sure.

Correct!!! That is why we also have the Evolution Competition System that dumps pre rear axle.

this is what i have

Correct! I rarely hear of issues with the rear with this set up and full flex.

:beer:

ghost13

I guess im going to have to listen to one...... I actually wanted the before axle exit... But my local shop wanted 280 bucks which i thought was ridiculous ive seen them on line for 165 to 175. But im a firm believer in keeping my money in my town..... So chances are i wont run a dyno max... And that 280 was my shop discount.... Through napa..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I guess im going to have to listen to one...... I actually wanted the before axle exit... But my local shop wanted 280 bucks which i thought was ridiculous ive seen them on line for 165 to 175. But im a firm believer in keeping my money in my town..... So chances are i wont run a dyno max... And that 280 was my shop discount.... Through napa..

well dont forget that there is currently a rebate promotion going on as well where you can get up to $100 off they system

Sound clip:
Best heard through head phones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8howYNMVvxw&list=UU0x6X2oc-W9Q7WK3L-SU7uw&feature=share&index=3

I agree keep your money in town, but find a shop charging the correct cost. :)

And the rebate too as cozdude mentioned!
http://www.dynomax.com/promotions/

ghost13

That actually sounds great...... Ill shop another parts house see what i can get it for thanks for the help every body.... I appreciate it....

That actually sounds great...... Ill shop another parts house see what i can get it for thanks for the help every body.... I appreciate it....

Very cool. Top end on that system should be $200ISH, low end is right around $170ISH. Good pricing is $180-190.

Good luck!

Top Bottom